Esteemed Contributor

I know I've said it on here before, but I used to pile on layers of all that Skinn stuff - plus several other expensive shopping network brands.  I got sucked in by all those snake-oil salespeople and, especially, I planned my weekends around the Skinn show schedule.  What a fool I was!!    One day I just quit.  Got tired of applying all those time-consuming layers and a different product for every area of the face.  I started using Neutrogena, CeraVe, Gold Bond, etc. from the grocery store (gasp!).  No layering, very few products, one and done.   

And, you know what?  My complexion looks better now than it did 5 years ago.  I don't care if you believe me or not.  My complexion is very happy and healthy these days, and so am I.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I think less products is better too and my skin looks alot better without the layers.  I realize that I do not need all the skin care just because they sell it lol. I look at Skinn when he is on HSN if I am not doing anything else and end up changing the channel now. I used to watch every minute. I DO like the lip plumper serum though and will have to order later since I only have one left OR find another brand, I have tried others and they burned my lips or were not    non toxic. Other than that I can do without any of the Skinn brand and have found good prices on other brands of skin care. Man Very Happy

Valued Contributor

I hate to admit it but I too am now done with all this expense. Layer after layer of serums, concentrates, creams, oils and then primer is TOO much. I have tried it all and after one week.....my skin seems to look worse. I have gone a  more simple, organic, wholistic approach and it saves me tremendous money. My skin looks better and feels better.

Indeed, I bought impulsively so it is my own fault. I should knw better as a health care professional but.......I did it anyway. No more. I am tired of all those promises and returns. I used to keep all those itms that did not work and then discard later. Now, I return. So, I have learned a lesson here and will not succumb to impulsivity anymore. 

I am with many of you and I now we will be so much better for our decisions . I do like Dimitri but unfortunately, I too will change the channel.

Honored Contributor

@rnmom  - It's like putting a toner on your face.  It dries down pretty fast.  I began it when it was sold on HSN - summer 2018.  That was the first time I'd used a vitamin c product and was thrilled with the results.  The HSN reviews were great.  I purchase it now on the SSC site.

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@rnmom  - It's like putting a toner on your face.  It dries down pretty fast.  I began it when it was sold on HSN - summer 2018.  That was the first time I'd used a vitamin c product and was thrilled with the results.  The HSN reviews were great.  I purchase it now on the SSC site.

@San Antonio Gal - Thanks, I will definitely consider giving them a try!

Valued Contributor

@tototwo 

Hi I definetly agree . I don't use any of the brands sold on QVC or HSN so this is not a know to any brand. I am 57 with oily acne prone skin and for years like many of you ,purchased way too many products and just putting one on top of the other . i got into organic skincare a few years ago and for my skintype all these oils , esences wrecked havoc with my skin . Last year I found Dr Dray's youtube channel and it has been a real skin game changer. She always stresses to keep things at a minimal especially for any skin like mine with issues . I am the first to admit that is it very enticing to hear all the promises and claims . it is also feels like a nice treat to use these exotic products and beautiful packages, but I realize sadly very litle if any of this did anything for my skin .