Honored Contributor

Skincare made in Germany

[ Edited ]

I always like to try new products.  I recently purchased some Lumene products which is a Finnish cosmetic/skincare co.  I decided to do a little research and located two Germany skincare companies with reasonable prices but one of the companies also has say $45 range prices too.  One is called Weleda.com and the other is Sans Soucis.com  You may want to check them out.  Both offer natural type products one using essentials oils.  If you are familiar with these two companies, please share.00

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Skincare made in Germany

[ Edited ]

I have used Weleda products for years, they use good quality natural ingredients. Right now, I'm using their Arnica Massage Oil, works great and has a nice smell.

Super Contributor

The Weleda pomegranate roll-on deodorant is probably my favorite Whole Foods beauty find of the summer. Absolutely love it. I never got into the brand's iconic Skin Food. Go figure. 

Thanks for the second rec - will definitely check them out. 

I really like Susanne Kaufmann line of skincare, it's a small batch range from Austria that leans more luxury in the clean space. Too bad her sunscreens are not available in the US. 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

Thanks. I’ve used Weleda toothpaste for years but never checked further. 

Honored Contributor

M Asam is made in Germany. 

Super Contributor

Anne Marie Borlind. It used to be at Whole Foods but quit...

Anne Marie Borlind. It used to be at Whole Foods but quite a while ago. A beauty Board I was on went crazy for the eye cream. One of the products won a big award in Europe. It is sold in pharmacies. I think Vitacost has it.

Respected Contributor

I've bought Nivea products from Germany (most of what's available here is made in Mexico & not the same as the German stuff) from the Smallflower Apothecary site & I think they also import other German brands.

Valued Contributor

@Katcat1 

Good morning I use Weleda Almond soothing hand cream ,  evening primose body oil and have used their body washes . They are really nice products and reasonably priced . My local health store sells them but best prices I find are on VitaCost .

Respected Contributor

Re: Anne Marie Borlind. It used to be at Whole Foods but quit...

I used to use Anne Marie Borlind when I lived in Germany but my favorite is Dr. Hauschka. It's very expensive now and it's kind of quirky in some respects but if you have sensitive skin, there is nothing like it. The rose cream is said to be very good if you have rosacea. 

Respected Contributor

I purchased Weleda Skin Food  Original  Ultra Rich Cream for dry hands on Amazon and it seems to be a helpful product for those areas.