Esteemed Contributor

Re: Skincare lines that really Deliver

I have been a skin care junkie for years, long before I started working as an esthetician. 

I don't think there is ONE line that has all winners. I have never come across one after years of working in this field and using literally hundreds of products. I don't use on entire line. There are things I like from lots of different lines and I think these companies would love to see us use an entire line but for most that just doesn't work out. While one line may have a great cleanser, or vit c serum another line will have a great daytime moisturizer or AHA product. 

I myself use lots of different lines. I find I like a cleanser from Alpha Hydrox in the summer and in the winter my skin likes a Paula's Choice product. In the summer my skin likes an Alpha Hydrox AHA product but in the winter I switch over to Paula's Choice. I am the same with moisturizers, I like one brand in the winter but it is too heavy in the summer. The only products I use continually and year round are Paula's Choice BHA and Vit C. 

I have gotten many many products to try for free and when I was in my 20s and 30s, I used to experiment and try new things constantly. Now at 45, I have found the products that work for me and with regards to skin care I don't try a whole lot of new stuff because I have found what works for me. 

I think it is very difficult to ask another person what they like and expect it to work for you. The only product I know of that I can honestly say that many people agree on is Paulas Choice BHA products. I would say in my experience and dealing with so many people from different ages to different skin care needs that is the one product I find that most people seem to use with much success. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the OP never asked anyone what they like or use.  All she really asked was what lines we were familiar with, that, in our opinions, have cult followings.  

Super Contributor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDpH4DCAcWg

Judging from this woman's before/after pictures - 14 months after using Retin A and Timeless products, I would have to say that Timeless delivers. 

Honored Contributor

Sorry, I posted above before I saw your posts. Thanks so much for the info, I'm reading all.

Respected Contributor

Perricone, esp. the Neuropeptide line. Great for mature skin.

Honored Contributor

@narcisse wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDpH4DCAcWg

Judging from this woman's before/after pictures - 14 months after using Retin A and Timeless products, I would have to say that Timeless delivers. 

Not a skincare line per se, but I have to agree with you about RetinA.  It seems to be a mainstay for many.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ElvisShops wrote:

@Jacie wrote:

I used to love Dr. Denesse. Then, as I have aged, I am really into Skin Medica. I swear I see overnight results!

What Skin Medica products are you using?

@ElvisShops I am a fan of the 15% AHA/BHA Cream, the Vitamin C & E Complex, Tri Retinol Complex and the Rejuvenative Moisturizer. The TNS Essential Serum and the Recovery Complex are exceptional, but very spendy. I don not use the cleanser, I like it but would rather spend my money on the true treatments. For that I have been using SIMPLE Micellar water.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

@DM Tiara wrote:

Algenist Genius,  like no other.  I've tried them all ... Can't believe how much I love this one.   Have been a devotee of Perricone MD, but must say, surprised as I am, will NOT go back or ever leave Algenist Genius.  It's DIVINE. I still have Perricone products on auto delivery, and keep postponing my orders!   Using Algenist Genius for one year now,  my skin even amazes my dermatologist, and she had to "double check" my age, on her computer screen, when she first met me, to check out a small issue.   I also use it freshly applied under make up.  I apply to entire NECK and declotette also.  The Genius is wonderful on eyes and lids, and I like it better than the lighter weight Algenist Eye cream, although the eye cream is also, lovely ... It simply comes with my auto delivery from when they first introduced the DUO, as a TSV.   BTW,  the gentle, LIGHT fragrance is lovely, also.   It has even improved my upper LIP area ... and keeps your lips exfoliated and smooth as a baby's.  

This is a great thread to start !!   Kudos!

Woman Happy  DM Tiara

@Dm Tiara

Are you specifically referring to the anti-aging cream? TIA

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

I have been a skin care junkie for years, long before I started working as an esthetician. 

I don't think there is ONE line that has all winners. I have never come across one after years of working in this field and using literally hundreds of products. I don't use on entire line. There are things I like from lots of different lines and I think these companies would love to see us use an entire line but for most that just doesn't work out. While one line may have a great cleanser, or vit c serum another line will have a great daytime moisturizer or AHA product. 

I myself use lots of different lines. I find I like a cleanser from Alpha Hydrox in the summer and in the winter my skin likes a Paula's Choice product. In the summer my skin likes an Alpha Hydrox AHA product but in the winter I switch over to Paula's Choice. I am the same with moisturizers, I like one brand in the winter but it is too heavy in the summer. The only products I use continually and year round are Paula's Choice BHA and Vit C. 

I have gotten many many products to try for free and when I was in my 20s and 30s, I used to experiment and try new things constantly. Now at 45, I have found the products that work for me and with regards to skin care I don't try a whole lot of new stuff because I have found what works for me. 

I think it is very difficult to ask another person what they like and expect it to work for you. The only product I know of that I can honestly say that many people agree on is Paulas Choice BHA products. I would say in my experience and dealing with so many people from different ages to different skin care needs that is the one product I find that most people seem to use with much success. 

@Irshgrl31201

In another post you also mentioned that you have found effective products from different lines. 

Could you be more specific as to which products and line?  I'm very curious.

TYIA

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@Irshgrl31201

In another post you also mentioned that you have found effective products from different lines. 

Could you be more specific as to which products and line?  I'm very curious.

TYIA

@Drythe, I am sorry it took me so long. I did get on earlier but when I went to sign in I lost my internet (and cable gasp!!) for almost 4 hours. 

It is hard to be specific unless I know what you are looking for. What skin type do you have and what products in general are you looking for (cleanser, exfoliants, moisturizers with or without SPF). Give me an idea along with the type of skin you have with concerns you may have and I will give you recommendations that include several options. Thanks! If I don't get back to you tonight I will hopefully tomorrow. I am going in for a half day tomorrow so it will probably be later in the afternoon or evening!!

Also let me know if there are certain ingredients you know that you may have a problem with too so I can avoid recommendations containing those. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK