Respected Contributor

Re: Skincare lines that really Deliver

@Jacie wrote:

@ElvisShops wrote:

@Jacie wrote:

I used to love Dr. Denesse. Then, as I have aged, I am really into Skin Medica. I swear I see overnight results!

What Skin Medica products are you using?

@ElvisShops I am a fan of the 15% AHA/BHA Cream, the Vitamin C & E Complex, Tri Retinol Complex and the Rejuvenative Moisturizer. The TNS Essential Serum and the Recovery Complex are exceptional, but very spendy. I don not use the cleanser, I like it but would rather spend my money on the true treatments. For that I have been using SIMPLE Micellar water.

I like SkinMedica also...but the prices are steep.  I have ordered from Amazon, but I worry about freshness.   Can you say where you buy your SkinMedica??  Any discounts??

Respected Contributor

@Dazlin

I shop The Derm Store alot. They have small % off on occasion.There is also a loyalty program at the office where I get my micro dermabrasion done, after so many visits then you get a discount. Actually I find that so little can go so far with this line, pea-sized drops really. AND I always put it on with damp skin, per the lady who worked out my care regimen. Hope that helps. I invest in this line because it works for me.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Radical Skincare.

Kate Somerville.

ReVive.

Chantecaille.

Looking over what is in my bathroom, these are the lines I see.

Regular Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the OP never asked anyone what they like or use.  All she really asked was what lines we were familiar with, that, in our opinions, have cult followings.  

Kind of a harsh comment.  People are giving their opinions on what they use and are familiar with.  Maybe to them these brands have a cult following.

Honored Contributor

@j-lou wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the OP never asked anyone what they like or use.  All she really asked was what lines we were familiar with, that, in our opinions, have cult followings.  

Kind of a harsh comment.  People are giving their opinions on what they use and are familiar with.  Maybe to them these brands have a cult following.

Harsh?  Really?  I hardly think it was harsh.  It was an observation that people often don't read and respond accurately.  Read the OP's statement.  She never asked people what they personally use, just what lines we thought were cult followings.  She mentioned a couple lines with a couple of products she uses, but then named some that she thought had cult followings, but she'd never tried.

What lines have a cult following in your opinion. These are a few I know of. Would love to hear what you all have to say.

1.Isomers-When I first starting posting on shopping channel forums, all I heard was Isomers, Isomers, Isomers. I have tried many products and it is a great line.

2.Elysee Cosmetics-Again, another small company with products that deliver.

3.Paula's Choice-Cannot live without the BHA. I know thousands of others feel that way too.

4.Obagi-People swear by it. Have never tried it myself

5.Perricone-So pricey but it has its devotees.

6.Skinceuticals-Always in the magazines.

Respected Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

@Dazlin

I shop The Derm Store alot. They have small % off on occasion.There is also a loyalty program at the office where I get my micro dermabrasion done, after so many visits then you get a discount. Actually I find that so little can go so far with this line, pea-sized drops really. AND I always put it on with damp skin, per the lady who worked out my care regimen. Hope that helps. I invest in this line because it works for me.

Thank-you for your help!!   I took a chance and re-ordered from Amazon for $45.   It should have a date on the box.   Honestly, I miss using it...since switching all around and never sure what's working.   At least with SkinMedica I saw some some flaking, so I knew it was doing something.  I have not seen any real improvement in my 2 deeper lines (marionette).  I've used this product many times, so I would say I gave it enough time.   Oh welll....thanks again!!    I now wait for my order to arriveSmiley Very Happy

Contributor

I have used Skin Media and it does work. So much money but the serum is great. MJ

Occasional Contributor

Philosophy

Serious Skincare

Elysee

Skinn

Signature Club A

Respected Contributor

Elysee and Oil Of Olay are the only 2 that work for me but some M. Asam also are good, love his foundation in a jar, one color.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@10mk wrote:

I have used Skin Media and it does work. So much money but the serum is great. MJ

@10mk  A huge fan here of SkinMedica, C&E serum, Rejuvenative moisturizer, Rejuvenative aha toner, now their TNS eye.

ALSO adding in a few awesome products in other lines but Elemis and Skin Medica are my mainstays. My skin is good and I'm older I have to say they have helped Smiley Happy

I am enjoying hearing what other people love! and especaiily SkinMedica what derms use...it works.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky