Trusted Contributor

Skincare lines that really Deliver

What lines have a cult following in your opinion. These are a few I know of. Would love to hear what you all have to say.

1.Isomers-When I first starting posting on shopping channel forums, all I heard was Isomers, Isomers, Isomers. I have tried many products and it is a great line.

2.Elysee Cosmetics-Again, another small company with products that deliver.

3.Paula's Choice-Cannot live without the BHA. I know thousands of others feel that way too.

4.Obagi-People swear by it. Have never tried it myself

5.Perricone-So pricey but it has its devotees.

6.Skinceuticals-Always in the magazines.

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Contributor

Re: Skincare lines that really Deliver

Algenist Genius,  like no other.  I've tried them all ... Can't believe how much I love this one.   Have been a devotee of Perricone MD, but must say, surprised as I am, will NOT go back or ever leave Algenist Genius.  It's DIVINE. I still have Perricone products on auto delivery, and keep postponing my orders!   Using Algenist Genius for one year now,  my skin even amazes my dermatologist, and she had to "double check" my age, on her computer screen, when she first met me, to check out a small issue.   I also use it freshly applied under make up.  I apply to entire NECK and declotette also.  The Genius is wonderful on eyes and lids, and I like it better than the lighter weight Algenist Eye cream, although the eye cream is also, lovely ... It simply comes with my auto delivery from when they first introduced the DUO, as a TSV.   BTW,  the gentle, LIGHT fragrance is lovely, also.   It has even improved my upper LIP area ... and keeps your lips exfoliated and smooth as a baby's.  

This is a great thread to start !!   Kudos!

Woman Happy  DM Tiara

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Hi Discount Diva. I think there are so many great skincare lines out there for everyone today. Depends on the budget, skin type and issues etc. I have also loved the Isomers line with 3 of the products being staples. I have recently tried the Consulte Beaute line and loved the Volumagen Serum, Vitamins and new neck and hand cream (Dr Dubrow line of skincare sold on Evine) I also like Algenist and Perricone when able to afford. I switch up between those brands and have found success. Is nice to have such a vast selection these days. I cannot do the Skinn line as his products cause milia on my face. Too heavy for me.

Honored Contributor

Alpha Hydrox - no fancy packaging, no big ad campaigns, but this company has been around at least since the early 70's (when I first learned of them anyway).  They were the first I knew of that discussed regular exfoliation via alpha hydroxy acid long before "anti-aging" was even a term.  Their products are inexpensive, but they work.  AH does not test on animals.

Skinn Cosmetics - Owner, creator, and maunfacturer, Dimitri James, has grown up in the skincare world (mom and grandmas were European trained aesthesticians) and is well educated on ingredients that deliver rather than using fancy packaging and ingredients that do nothing.  There are various lines within the brand; Collagenesis, Collagenesis Deep Wrinkle Protocol, and Botanilift.  One isn't limited to only use a particular line, they can mix and match according to need or preference. Skinn does not test on animals.

Mad Hippie - Lots of endorsements for this line in assorted magazines.  I'm pretty sure their most popular products are the Vitamin C Serum and the Eye Cream, but they do offer other products for a complete system.  They are committed to only using certain "good" ingredients and will not use others they believe are unsafe. They are also have a committment to being safe for the environment and support the Wildlife Conservation Fund . They've been highlighted in many magazines and are cruelty free. 

Respected Contributor

I used to love Dr. Denesse. Then, as I have aged, I am really into Skin Medica. I swear I see overnight results!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

ISOMERS Skincare.  I've used it for 18 years without straying and told m husband I would go without food before I'd use anything else.

Occasional Contributor

Huge fan of PTR, Algenist, Perricone, Philosophy, and BE that I purchase here at the Q. Thank  you for all product options

Trusted Contributor

Thank you everyone! I am using the Algenist eye balm and I really like it. Skinmedica is another great line which is owned by Allergan I believe. I want to hear more!
A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Trusted Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

I used to love Dr. Denesse. Then, as I have aged, I am really into Skin Medica. I swear I see overnight results!

What Skin Medica products are you using?

Trusted Contributor

I am using mostly Paula's Choice, including one of the cleansers, BHA, vitamic c and a suncreen. I have never seen anything exciting from any skincare line, including PC, but I like the BHA 2% liquid and will keep using it.