Frequent Contributor

Re: Skincare line for Sagging

Thanks Ladies. Sounds like I'm in good company.

I did try the Facial Flex, but I have an odd gag reflex to it, so I had to stop. I've also tried microcurrent stimulation and just have had trouble getting into a routine with it.  I have dry skin, and the gel seems to dry out so quickly. I've tried putting more on and spraying with water or other hydrating mist, but I get zapped before I can complete the number of repetitions.  That has kind of turned me off to it as I never know when a zap will make my hair stand on end. 

I will add Vitamin C and retinol to my regular routine as I'm only doing that occasionally.  I also use some Isomers serums currently but not sure if they have Vitamin C in them. I will have to check. 

Thanks everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

I would highly recommend products from Isomers line what this specific issues. Also, at the age you are - you are still relatively very young to respond very favorably to these innovative skincare products, IMHO.

But, the best way to get to just the right items for your skin issues, I'd contact Isomers first for a recommendation. They can be contacted on the phone or by email, found on isomers dot ca site.

Honored Contributor

I would be very leery, @Mimichic, of any company that claimed that they have a product or products that can do anything about sagging.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

Nuface!  You can watch the video on QVC, but I highly recommend going to Nuface's website to see their 5 minute and 15 minute routine.  

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee

Been there, done most of that.

How expensive is the laser tightening? I look at some of these women on television and I'm just afraid to look like somebody other than myself.

I suppose it depends on exactly what you do. Tightening certainly sounds safe.

It would be nice to know what some of these ladies did so I would know what not to do

Honored Contributor

@motherinlaw wrote:

You might consider using the Facial Flex system that the Q sold for many years but it has been discontinued from their site for quite some time now. I purchased mine back in 2004 and have been using it faithfully all these years twice a day/every day.

You can find it on other popular websites now and also still be able to purchase the flex bands that are needed and are changed out once a week.

This system helps to make the facial muscles strong and tight under the skin which then helps the skin not to lose its elasticity quite so quickly.

In combination with good skin care and seeing an aesthetician since last year, it has been a wonderful three prong approach for me to keep what I have for as long as I can.  The Facial Flex system also does wonders for the neck and chest area.

Hope this has helped with your concerns.  Smiley Happy

@motherinlaw     @Mimichic    

YES !!!   .....  if you are willing to do the work, the Facial Flex can actually tighten facial and neck muscles IF you use it consistently.  I'm VERY happy with the results I've gotten from using it for the past 3 years.

We used to have a thread on FF ... I'll try to find it.

Go to the FF website for more information, and see the Before and After pictures.   Also some on youtube.   Some results are dramatic; some are subtle.    You be the judge.

Related image

Image result for facial flex before and after pics

Image result for facial flex before and after pics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kK0FpZ2rb8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIz9GUb6w-Q

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo,

The laser treatments cost me around 1600...? It's been a while so I can't remember exactly. It was a discounted package deal that  was offered by my derm. This price varies depending on what part of the country you get it done. It takes several treatments over several months but there is no down time other than waiting for the redness to subside which is usually over night. I saw immediate results after just one treatment on my face, especially the jowls. My neck took longer. My derm says if I need to come back then I wouldn't need all those treatments...probably just one or two, but I have not been back. Results are still looking good enough for me right now.Woman Happy This type laser treatment is not for everyone. It is mostly recommended to those who have moderate sagging. I was a candidate for this procedure at the time.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee
That was the full amount for the series of treatments? Was it painful?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo wrote:
@SilleeMee
That was the full amount for the series of treatments? Was it painful?

Yes, but it was about 13 years ago so I would imagine the cost has gone up. @Andreatoo Also, the price I paid was a package deal so it had a reduced price. No, it is not painful because they numb your skin first. Then when the numbing goes away, all you feel is a slight sunburn effect.

Frequent Contributor

@Mimichic wrote:

I am in my mid 50s with few wrinkles. I do, however, have sagging skin. I know topicals won't work like a facelift, but has anyone had good results with a specific skincare line or product to help some with the sagging?  Thanks!

Retin A firmed my skin.  Yes, it is anti aging, but the firmness amazed me.  Hope this helps.