Frequent Contributor

I am in my mid 50s with few wrinkles. I do, however, have sagging skin. I know topicals won't work like a facelift, but has anyone had good results with a specific skincare line or product to help some with the sagging?  Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: Skincare line for Sagging

@Mimichic wrote:

I am in my mid 50s with few wrinkles. I do, however, have sagging skin. I know topicals won't work like a facelift, but has anyone had good results with a specific skincare line or product to help some with the sagging?  Thanks!

ISOMERS Skincare All-in-One Complete Face Firming Serum    it's expensive but I am seeing results,  been using about a month

Valued Contributor

I am in the same skin condition as you...I'll be interest...

[ Edited ]

I am in the same skin condition as you...I'll be interested to see the responses...honestly, though unlike the wrinkle-crinkle crowd, us sagger/baggers our options are slim to none other than cosmetic surgery.  

Honored Contributor

I've mentioned this several times here on this forum that I had laser skin tightening done on my face, neck and eyes a while back. Although my results are still very good, I still maintain a good skincare regiment which includes retin-a, vitamin C serum and exfoliation. I believe this helps to maintain healthy looking skin but it will not lift the skin. My derm told me once that there is nothing topically applied that will reverse sagging skin. For many years I  wasted my time and money trying to do it though...lol!Woman LOL 

Valued Contributor

You might consider using the Facial Flex system that the Q sold for many years but it has been discontinued from their site for quite some time now. I purchased mine back in 2004 and have been using it faithfully all these years twice a day/every day.

You can find it on other popular websites now and also still be able to purchase the flex bands that are needed and are changed out once a week.

This system helps to make the facial muscles strong and tight under the skin which then helps the skin not to lose its elasticity quite so quickly.

In combination with good skin care and seeing an aesthetician since last year, it has been a wonderful three prong approach for me to keep what I have for as long as I can.  The Facial Flex system also does wonders for the neck and chest area.

Hope this has helped with your concerns.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Mimichic wrote:

I just asked my dermatologist the same question and she said that unless I wanted to do needles and or surgery, there really is nothing to substantiate any claim that any over the counter product can help with sagging. Even retin A she claims does not help with sagging.

Honored Contributor

No wrinkles here either; it's gravity that's killing me! And 'no'; no cream or serum is going to alter that but it doesn't mean I haven't spent good money trying! lol

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

No wrinkles here either; it's gravity that's killing me! And 'no'; no cream or serum is going to alter that but it doesn't mean I haven't spent good money trying! lol

Same here.... I tried quite a few different creams to help with having a tighter jawline and it really did not work. Once I hit 60, my profile changed a bit and I guess I just need to be happy that things stayed fairly good as long as they did.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11

My change coincided with 'the change' which happened at 50. I always thought it was just a silly euphimism! Boy was I wrong!

The changes in my skin hit me hard because until that time I was that girl that NEVER looked 30's or 40's, 'couldn't possibly be old enough to have a teenager!' Stuff like that.

Now no one bats an eye when I say my daughter is 31!

Honored Contributor

My sagging started way before it should have. I was in my mid-40s and after a lengthy stroll down partytown, time after time, with all the smoking, drinking and other thingsWoman Wink, I looked way too old for my age. To top it off, I had gained weight and lost it quite suddenly due to an illness and that pushed my old-look even further. 

After cleaning up my act, I just couldn't look at myself in the mirror. I was looking at a self-abused woman. It was so painful and so much so that I needed to say good-bye to that awful,old life that I had once lived and try to start anew. That's when I decided to take action with my derm and the laser treatments. I'm 61 and happy now when I look in the mirror.Woman Happy