Regular Contributor

@Icegoddess ok that makes sense, I couldn't understand why the best sunscreen on the market was so slimy, thanks!

Honored Contributor

My boo boo would be philosophy body wash because it dries the skin and is loaded w/sulfates.  They are still trying to sell their scents but they need to update the product without sulfates.  Another one would be Purity.  It is said that it is gentle but it burned my eyes.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Iris in bloom wrote:

@ECBG so funny you should remind me, about 10 years ago I put sunscreen on my arms and face, or what I thought was sunscreen, it was actually a hair remover, they had the same pink bottles, oh my gosh, because I thought it was lotion I never washed off and spent the whole day itching and not knowing why

@Iris in bloom OH MY!!!!!  That's quite something!

Regular Contributor

Re: Skincare boo boo's

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 Purity always bothered me too, I never understood why it was so popular.

Regular Contributor

Re: Skincare boo boo's

[ Edited ]

You know in my humble opinion, Clientele was one of the best lines at QVC I never felt like my skin was being attacked by the acids, ha ha, it felt nourishing and wonderful. 

Regular Contributor

@ellaphant that makes so much sense 

Regular Contributor

@GAQShopr53  haha so cute, I used to make soap and I finally gave up, so many things go wrong. 

Regular Contributor

@Katcat1 I don't understand why people love purity, to me, it is the worst cleanser I have ever used. 

Respected Contributor

@Iris in bloom   I used to use EltaMd physical sunscreen and liked it.  It just got to be too expensive.  I now use CoTZ for sensitive skin.  It works well for me, but you might find it greasy.  I have normal skin, and don't have a problem with it.  It settles down nicely, and I use it under my makeup.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, there was a brief moment in time when I believed all the hype and purchased every expensive brand I heard about.  Most of them QVC brands.  And, I layered one product on top of the other, over and over.   One day I came to my senses and realized what a gigantic boo-boo all that was.  I returned to tried-and-true healthy drugstore products and I stopped layering.  One and done.  My complexion is much healthier and more youthful-looking. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt