Honored Contributor

@tototwowrote:

Well, first maybe you should see a dermatologist.... 

We had a whole-house water softener installed a few years ago and having soft water made quite an improvement in our hair and skin. (or, getting rid of our hard water made the improvement)

@tototwo I know I need to see a Derm so I can find out what's going on. I probably won't like what I will be told or products they may want me to buy because I'm not doing that. I don't try new products on my face anymore since I don't know how it will react.

Honored Contributor

@fitfuninformedwrote:

When you say "you were away" when using the soft water and now you've returned home, what were the varying climate's you were both in and have now returned to?  If it was the same geographical location for the most part I would consider you looking at the varied hardness of water, otherwise not.   

@fitfuninformed My dad passed away & had to go to SC for the funeral etc. We stayed in hotels in Arkansas, Alabama & Georgia while gone plus my dads house in SC. All places had soft water. I live in Ok. The weather where we were was pretty much like the weather we have been having. Strange weather using the AC in the winter. Had to use the AC in the hotels even though it was freezing outside. I hate those down comforters they put on the beds. Too hot for us. LOL!!!

If anything you would have thought my face would have been worse during these times & all the stress I was under & still am.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlzwrote:

@fitfuninformedwrote:

When you say "you were away" when using the soft water and now you've returned home, what were the varying climate's you were both in and have now returned to?  If it was the same geographical location for the most part I would consider you looking at the varied hardness of water, otherwise not.   

@fitfuninformed My dad passed away & had to go to SC for the funeral etc. We stayed in hotels in Arkansas, Alabama & Georgia while gone plus my dads house in SC. All places had soft water. I live in Ok. The weather where we were was pretty much like the weather we have been having. Strange weather using the AC in the winter. Had to use the AC in the hotels even though it was freezing outside. I hate those down comforters they put on the beds. Too hot for us. LOL!!!

If anything you would have thought my face would have been worse during these times & all the stress I was under & still am.

My condolences, @Nightowlz

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Drythewrote:

@Nightowlz

Well,  that's not good.

Do have your water checked.  We had an issue with our water heater, such that it was pumping out iron sulfide which decays into hydrogen sulfide.

I can tell you that it was NOT good for my skin, hair, or nails. We had to have water heater replaced.  It was still under warranry - WHEEEE.

I posted about the whole ordeal, was a while ago, if you want to look it up.

Good luck.

omg. That sounded like it could really be bad for the skin. I would imagine it turned your water in to a weak acid...? did it smell like rotten eggs, too? @Drythe

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlzwrote:

@Drythewrote:

@Nightowlz

Well,  that's not good.

Do have your water checked.  We had an issue with our water heater, such that it was pumping out iron sulfide which decays into hydrogen sulfide.

I can tell you that it was NOT good for my skin, hair, or nails. We had to have water heater replaced.  It was still under warranry - WHEEEE.

Good luck.

@Drythe Never thought about it being the hot water heater. I know DH won't want to replace it unless it goes out. I know it's old. Last time it went out he was taking a shower that suddenly went cold. LOL!!! You should of heard him yelling.

I would see a dermatologist and get your water tested and that should help you determine what to do next. 

You say your husband won't replace the water heater unless it goes out. I'm sure if it tested positive for something that was causing you pain and suffering he would. I get not doing it as a "just in case" plan, but if you have evidence, I'd think that would make a difference.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMeewrote:

@Drythewrote:

@Nightowlz

Well,  that's not good.

Good luck.

omg. That sounded like it could really be bad for the skin. I would imagine it turned your water in to a weak acid...? did it smell like rotten eggs, too? @Drythe

@SilleeMee

Sure did!  🤢 yuck.  Damaged my WEN hair, now that was a low blow.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras