Honored Contributor

Skincare Presentations on QVC

I wish vendors and hosts would give more details on how to use the products.  For example, XX brand has a daytime and nighttime moisturizer.  Next they come out with a new and improved moisturizer.  They need to explain if this is to be used in addition to your present routine or instead of the current day or night moisturizer.  I know the lightest items (like serums) go on first, but when they keep adding newer serums, different day/night moisturizers, they should explain if you use ALL of them or rotate using some.   I contacted one of the companies and the e-mail response I got wasn't too clear on the questions I had asked.   They keep bringing in more and more items from the same lines and don't explain enough. I know they want us to buy all the items, but there is a limit to how many we should use at one time.  More information would be helpful.  Directions on the package does not usually help.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Skincare Presentations on QVC

I think the reason the companies don't explain it clearly is because they can't. Lately, I've been purchasing my skincare products from Elemis. They couldn't possibly tell you how to use 12 cleansers, serums and creams on your face nightly. Most companies develop loads of products to be used twice daily.

I guess and experiment until I find the correct combination for my face using a cleanser, toner, serum and cream. On lazy days or nights, I use less. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@wishmoon  I am currently using Elemis also.

Trusted Contributor

@Daysdee I just bought the "Plumping Pillow" something or other and only used it once. Unless, you get a special on it, I'd avoid. Not worth it, IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

Only you know your own skin and can rightly assess what it needs. But, I guess this is not always so.

In general, though, when they come out with new things, I take it that those new things have different formulations that addresses a particular (or multiple) skin need. In general, the new product is to replace what you are currently using. (This is my take.)

Anyway, I make my own routine. I rarely follow anyone else's skincare advice. It's all in understanding skin as an organ, and knowing which ingredients, and other things; i.e., non topicals, that helps a particular issue.

Honored Contributor

They don't care. They just want you to buy everything. They will never tell you to replace a product and they will never tell you that you don't need a product.

How you deal with 9 different cleansers and 17 different serums doesn't concern them. They're just thrilled you bought it all. That is a massive victory for them.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr