Honored Contributor

Re: Skincare/Makeup Brands You Love or Hate or Both

I've got a Drunk Elephant product in my skincare fridge.  I used it for a long time but never noticed a difference.  I don't think it hurt anything, just didn't seem to improve hydration.  One of my first purchases on my serious skincare journey a couple of years ago.

F-Balm™ Electrolyte Waterfacial

Regular Contributor

Nice post...enjoy reading about other's experiences.

I don't hate a particular brand per se, but I do really, really hate when a brand discontinues a very popular product because of some corporate decision. That happens way too often. I think the executives think we have to always have something "New" and they totally dismiss those of us who really want dependable brand loyalty. I can list pages of products that I and many other customers loved that were discontinued...just because of corporate decisions. 

Brands i depend on are Bioelements and Weleda for skincare, Dr. Hauschka for makeup - not fancy, but looks great on me, and EltaMD for sunscreen. Favorite drugstore brands are Vanicream, Cetaphil (the new products) and Bioderma, especiallly their Atoderm line. 

After spending as insane amouint of money on "luxury" skin care brands, I realized my skin just needs  good basic care and a bit of color to perk me up. Wish I could get all the money I wasted back and use it to go on a great vacation instead!

Honored Contributor

@laraffinee

Where would you go? If you had all that money back and could take a vacation where would your dream vacation take you?