Super Contributor

SkinActives Cranberry Vitamin C is back!!

I emailed SkinActives about the DIY Vitamin C Serum (which I use and love) and just threw it out that there would be lots of VERY HAPPY people if they decided to bring back the Cranberry C Serum even for limited offerings.

Here's the response:

We actually do plan on bringing the Cranberry Vitamin C Serum back as a bonus to get some more feedback. If it goes well again we might end up carrying the product. We should have that as the bonus in the next day or so.

Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: SkinActives Cranberry Vitamin C is back!!

That's cool, Maren! If I didn't love the NCN or she changes it again and add something I don't like, this is the one I'd try. It has really nice ingredients and the best I've found behind NCNs (assuming they keep the same formula they had last year).

Honored Contributor

@MarenSeattle wrote:

I emailed SkinActives about the DIY Vitamin C Serum (which I use and love) and just threw it out that there would be lots of VERY HAPPY people if they decided to bring back the Cranberry C Serum even for limited offerings.

Here's the response:

We actually do plan on bringing the Cranberry Vitamin C Serum back as a bonus to get some more feedback. If it goes well again we might end up carrying the product. We should have that as the bonus in the next day or so.

Woman Happy

Hi Maren--great to "see" you, wave! Thx for sharing. I'm using Skinn & isomers VitC products but your recommendation sounds good. I need to check it out Woman Very Happy

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

I was actually thinking of you when I posted this. :-)  

The reason I prefer this over Nanci's is primarily the texture.  Nanci's seemed to take a while to sink in and felt a bit tacky, this feels like velvet.  

I sure don't think you can go wrong with Nanci's.  I know she changed her packaging -- has she changed her formula?

Honored Contributor

@MarenSeattle wrote:

I was actually thinking of you when I posted this. :-)  

The reason I prefer this over Nanci's is primarily the texture.  Nanci's seemed to take a while to sink in and felt a bit tacky, this feels like velvet.  

I sure don't think you can go wrong with Nanci's.  I know she changed her packaging -- has she changed her formula?

Smiley Happy Thanks Maren. I DID ask you to keep me updated about that one. I appreciate you thinking of me. Smiley Happy

Well, she had added orange blossom to it awhile back for those that complained about the natural scent. I stopped using it for a bit because I didn't like that ingredient. She has since went back and used less of the orange and it is now much closer to the original fomula I loved so I went back to using it. But you know how that goes, people always tend to tweak things we love so who knows what will happen down the line. hopefully nothing but now I have a backup plan just in case, thanks to you. Smiley Wink

If you get it, can you post the ingredients pretty please? Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the post MarenSeattle! I have not seen you post it seems for quite some time on the beauty boards, your contributions have been missed.

Honored Contributor

I just went on their site and they actually have it for anyone interested.  It is only $15.50 for 1 oz supply but not sure how much that site charges for shipping.

I like the L-ascorbic acid (gold standards), Ferulic, HA and the nice extracts lik Cranberry, pomegranate. The vitamin E and FA should help keep the serum stable.

Water, Sea Kelp (Lactobacillus/kelp ferment filtrate) Bioferment, Glycerin, Ascorbic Acid (L), Sodium PCA, Cranberry (Vaccinium macrocarpon) Juice, Ferulic Acid, Phloretin, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Hyaluronic acid , Porphyridium extract, Fucoxanthin, Cranberry (Vaccinium macrocarpon) extract, Pomegranate Seed (Punica granatum) Oil, Tocotrienols, Vitamin E Oil (Alpha-D-Tocopherol), Astaxanthin, Lycopene, Lutein, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Beta Carotene, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl Glycol (and) Sorbic Acid.

Super Contributor

They charge $6 for shipping so it comes to $21.50.  

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the info, MS, and glad to see you posting.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Hi, Maren!! Good to see you, and thanks for this post! I had used NCN in the past (a couple of years ago, maybe?), but ordered and when I used it, it made my forehead and cheeks break out with little bumps. I eliminated it, waited for my skin to clear up, and tried again, and the bumps came back. I did that three times. So, back it went. Nancy is so great and refunded me, but I've been looking for another Vit C serum, so I'm jumping on this one. The ingredients look good! I'll let you know how it goes once I get it. I've looked at SkinActives, but I don't think I've purchased anything from them. Thanks, again, and have a nice weekend!