Respected Contributor

I swear by Salux cloths that I use on my neck.  My skin tags have diminished greatly.

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

I swear by Salux cloths that I use on my neck.  My skin tags have diminished greatly.

@Hoovermom

Interesting!  I've thought about Salux for years but have never just gone ahead and bought them.  Perhaps I should get off the stick...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Shanus, I agree. Same for Botox: nobody is putting a needle in my face and injecting me with anything unless they have done a ENT residency with a post-fellowship and is  a Fellow in good standing in the Academy of Dermatologic and Plastic Surgery.

I'm saying that for a reason too.  I find in very interesting how many gynecologists are offering head to toe rejuvenation-including fillers.....they take a weekend course offered by the company who supplies the pharmaceuticals used.  That doesn't fly with me either.

They spent all those years in residency focusing on female pathophysiology and associated endocrine disorders. I can tell you their training does not involve too much concerning facial nerves and circulation-and pathology affecting those areas.  But, they can hide behind "MD" or "DO"....no thanks!

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@Hoovermom

Interesting!  I've thought about Salux for years but have never just gone ahead and bought them.  Perhaps I should get off the stick...

I think you're confusing two phrases; "get on the stick" and "get off the fence" -I don't believe there is an actual idiom "get off the stick" Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

ANgelpuppy, thanks for the heads up!  It does bother me however what is happening in the field of esthetics however and who is doing what.

There is one thing I would like so say: I am not attacking FDA approved remedies such as tape or salves.  I am not a fan of the dental floss thing because it's still excision or cutting off blood supply....I would rather put that into the hands of a trained, experienced physician.

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@Hoovermom

I think you're confusing two phrases; "get on the stick" and "get off the fence" -I don't believe there is an actual idiom "get off the stick" Smiley Happy

@HappyDaze

You are correct in that "get on the stick" is a more common idiom; however, "get off the stick" is a regional variation.  I like to attribute the variation to those of us who have always driven vehicles with automatic transmissions.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

@Poodlepet2  I picked up on the same thing!  

Yes, people have removed them in various ways, but that was before we learned just how dangerous skin cancer is.

However, the inconsistancy of the OP's posts is constant!

Yesterday, looking for mermaids, a week or so said she did not like the beach decor???

Honored Contributor

Re: Skin tag removal

[ Edited ]

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

ANgelpuppy, thanks for the heads up!  It does bother me however what is happening in the field of esthetics however and who is doing what.

There is one thing I would like so say: I am not attacking FDA approved remedies such as tape or salves.  I am not a fan of the dental floss thing because it's still excision or cutting off blood supply....I would rather put that into the hands of a trained, experienced physician.

Poodlepet2

I have removed skin tags with a piece of thread tied around them to cut off the blood supply. My mother did this and this was the method people have used for years.

Most insurance companies will not cover the procedure to remove skin tags, unless they are infected or bleeding or causing some kind of medical problem.  Having them removed is considered cosmetic and is expensive.

My doctor told me that using the thread method was not a problem and he said he would remove them by pulling them with a tweezer and using surgical shears to just cut them off.  Ouch!  I like my way better.

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@Hoovermom

Oh yes there is. The guy who tried to teach me to drive a manual transmission used it over and over and over . . .  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Kudos @Poodlepet2 for creating a thread about this. The bit about skin tags was the second thing I've read on the QVC forums this weekend that I found disturbing. The other one concerned food safety. I hope people speak up like this, because it's clear many people are acting on the tips they read here.

I added an FYI about skin tags to the thread Poodlepet2 referenced