Honored Contributor

Re: Skin resembling crepe paper

@Texasmouse wrote:

Angie from Hot & Flashy on YouTube did an experiment using a glycolic acid lotion on one leg and a retinol lotion on the other, over a period of several weeks and showed the "afters" and the glycolic acid lotion seemed to do the better job, significantly reducing the appearance of crepey skin on her knees. I've been using the Alpha 12% glycolic acid on my limbs after my shower, once or twice a week and have noticed that my skin is softer, smoother and less crepey.

@Texasmouse 

I do the same. That Alpha is my fountain of youth.Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

To answer a previous poster, I use Gold Bond Crepe Corrector every day on my arms. I'd apply lotion anyway, so now use the Gold Bond instead. It works for me! But consistency is key.

I also use Gold Bond firming cream on my neck. Highly recommend both.
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dr. Dray has a YouTube for crepey skin. I started using the Alpha skin crème every night based on this video and @SilleeMee talking about it. I also have extreme dry skin with the crocodile skin as well. I use the Alpha cream at night and Josie's body butter every morning religiously. Dr. Dray said it will take a year for it to work on crepey skin but I have seen huge results in my dry skin. You can barely see the crocodile skin pattern for the first time in years.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee How many times per week for the Alpha 12% lotion to be effective?? I do have this and use it but forget alot LOL!  I need to go back to applying it at night time as I use spf 50 during the day on my arms.  I am concerned that more sun damage will actually make this even worse if I don't.

Respected Contributor

Amazon has it as a lighting deal right now....I am almost out so just got in on the deal!  $13.67 

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@SilleeMee How many times per week for the Alpha 12% lotion to be effective?? I do have this and use it but forget alot LOL!  I need to go back to applying it at night time as I use spf 50 during the day on my arms.  I am concerned that more sun damage will actually make this even worse if I don't.

@tsavorite 

I apply the Alpha lotion two or three times a week and sometimes more on my arms and legs when they feel dry. 

Honored Contributor

I never thought about this or why it is but why is my facial skin dry but the rest of my skin is not?  The only other part of me I treat with any consistency are my hands, neck and chest and they get everything my face gets.  The rest of me is untreated for hydration or moisture except for my knee surgery scar and I'm not dry anywhere else.  Is this typical?

Trusted Contributor

"I like to spray Palmer's Moisturizing Body Oil on damp skin after my shower and then layer a body butter over it in winter. "

Perfect. Affordable & cruety-free.

Honored Contributor

If you pull your skin taut, you will see it all go away. No cream on earth is going to do this. But there are procedures.