Contributor

Do any of these really work, and if so what brands do you like? I used to use Lustra but it is hard to find now.

Super Contributor

Re: Skin lightener, spot fader

Go to the post about ASDM products. You will find quite a bit of information there about skin lightening. Things that people use, what works and what does not.

Super Contributor

On YOUTUBE, EmilyNoel's mom says she loves the Garnier one and feels that it works.

I use the Dr. Denese clinical stuff and I like what it does...used the Miracle Worker pads and they worked pretty well.

And of course, SPF...

Oh, and the ROC and Neutrogena ones work great...

Super Contributor

I got a lightening kit from ASDM Beverly Hills that really improved my complexion and got rid of some if my spots completely. It has their 15% MAP Vitamin c serum, lightening cream and microdermabrasion cream. All three of these products really work. There is a lot of good information on their website about the ingredients they use. You can find it at asdmbeverlyhillsdotcom. They also have a 4% hydroquinone serum and a 2% Retinol cream that might work really good for you. If you email them, Rebecca will be able to recommend what would work best. They usually answer emails in a day. Good luck:-)

Oh, their prices are very good and they have free shipping over $25.

Respected Contributor

Please check out safety of hydroquoine, the active ingredient in most spot lightners. I was using a cream for years and discovered it was not recommended for over 6 months of use. Some countries in Asia and Europe have banned its use due to concerns re skin cancer. Many dermatologists say it is safe, and has been safely used for forty years. I regretfully discontinued its use.
Super Contributor

On 7/15/2014 IMW said: Please check out safety of hydroquoine, the active ingredient in most spot lightners. I was using a cream for years and discovered it was not recommended for over 6 months of use. Some countries in Asia and Europe have banned its use due to concerns re skin cancer. Many dermatologists say it is safe, and has been safely used for forty years. I regretfully discontinued its use.

That is true. It is not recommended for long term use.

Respected Contributor

This works...it takes time! SERIOUS SKINCARE Pure-Pep Fading Fluid for Skin Brightening $39.50 S&H: $4.96
Honored Contributor

I swear by Hydroquinone 4%, use twice a day for 3 months.

Regular Contributor

Burts Bees has a dark spot corrector that I like