Esteemed Contributor

I've noticed that ladies on live TV programs are wearing beige, tan or pinkish lipsticks that match their complexion.  Looks like the lips are non-existent, but glossy.  If this is a new trend, I can't say that I like it.

Thoughts?

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

To each his own, I guess, but I like color. I'm very fair and I use Cover Girl "Coffee Crave". I notice it more with blond haired women, I think. They all look beige.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I have noticed it and do not care for it. To me itmakes everything look beige, I like color on my lips-not real loud but I like Mauves, and Rosy pinks. Occasionally I do like a brown lip color, but I warm it up with gloss.....A blending lip does not do anything for the face in my opinion!

Honored Contributor

I don't like it either.  Not on anyone.  At my age it makes me look dead!  I did wear that frosty white pink in high school in the 60's and thought it was pretty "cool".  It reminds me of that.

Respected Contributor

I do not like skin-color lipstick. Never wear it. I would look washed-out, not the look I am going for. LOL

Honored Contributor

Years ago, SK used to wear nude lipstick and she got so many comments suggesting to wear color.  She finally stopped wearing nude lipstick and looks so much better.

Nude lipstick on a no-makeup day is fine, but I don't find it to be an attractive look on anyone.

Respected Contributor

I have never been a fan of this look. If your a teenager it's fine, but otherwise it can make you look washed out.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Maybe that look is a generational thing, (or not) but it was sure popular years ago.(60s)

Lip colors and vintage lipsticks from the 60s

I, for one, do not have the coloring where I think it is attractive. But I don't care for a deep red lip, either.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, @Harpa, I remember wearing whites and light frosty pinks and violets in the 60's!   Because Jean Shrimpton and Twiggy did, and I wanted to look like them.  So if TV personalities wear colorless glosses now, will every girl and woman be wearing them eventually? 

Like others said, I prefer a little color on both my cheeks and lips.  Not bright reds, but some color. 

(Of course, in this day of mask-wearing, I don't wear lipstick anyway) 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Many of these "dead lip" looks are because of emphasis on eyes and brows. I don't like it and personally can't wear it. I'd rather do a little less to the eye so I can have some color on the lip. 

FYI: The frosted, metallic lipsticks are making a comeback for fall/winter. Don't worry. No one will see it behind a mask. The companies are desperate to lure in customers with something new that may entice them to make a purchase.