Esteemed Contributor

Re: Skin care line for older skin.

[ Edited ]

Isomers, @Greatdanemom.  Isomes all the way - from facial cleanser, exfoliating, and through Isomers anti-aging serums and creams. Truly rejuvenating product line.

Trusted Contributor

@Greatdanemom wrote:

I am looking for suggestions on a skin care line.  I am 61 and have combination skin with no problems.  I do live in a very warm and DRY climate.

I am looking for a skin care line that includes a neck and treatment.  

I've used Dr. Denise and use Tatcha for my cleansing routine.

My problem with watching the show on TV and the videos is the before and after photos.  Sometimes I can barely see a difference or the difference is so slight I think it can be the lighting or color of my TV.  The other thing I notice is that it takes a good 30 or so days of using it religiously to BEGIN to see a difference.  

To me it's a toss of the dice as to what to buy.  And these products are so expensive to be test driving them.  

I want a good product to use for the moisturizing benefit and something to decrease the crepey skin on my neck and chest.

I did notice a very slight improvement in that area after using Dr. Denise.  I stopped using the neck cream to see if there is a difference.  There may be very, very slight. So I started to use 

her oil product that came in the kit on my neck and chest and again it may have helped very slightly.  

I like the Tatcha product for cleansing.  I can't tell you why I like it but I do.  I noticed they have come up with further products.  

I bought the Josie milk lotion and that does nothing.  It was a waste.  I think its too liquidly. I need something that is thicker.

So any suggestions would be helpful.  Thanks

Elemis! I'm 60 and its a few years now using it.Nice skin has people comment on easter ...but my Edward Bess threads of silk and makeup helped Smiley Wink  

This skincare is a nice line...I add a separate stable vit. c and aha/bha pads a few times a week but my mainstay is elemis.

I'm sold

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Respected Contributor

@Judaline,  I can't see all the fine print-THANKS TO AGING- but I never read that you could not use PTR Retinol under eyes or on eye lids! 

Of course, I'm careful not to get it in my eyes, but I've been using it for months- but before that goes on, I use PTR Glycolic: it too goes under my eyes.

When I tell you the PTR Retinol was a game changer, it is! Before, I could clearly see individual reptilian dry skin cells-and of course, fine lines. This isn't an eye lift, but it sure did help with texture.

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

No way, @Funloving.  They have entirely different ingredient decks.  I can't use YPC, but use the TTWO every weekend.

@JeanLouiseFinch-

Interesting.  I know I read something was almost a duplicate of TTWO. I thought it was in the Skinn line, too.  Anyway, thanks for setting that Q straight.

Yours,

Delusional

Respected Contributor

As a side-note.  I went to Evine to check the ingredient deck for TTWO.

My skin does really well with aloe based products.  I think at some point soon I'd like to buy this product.

New Contributor

Try the LXMI Pure Nilotica Melt.  It is great for reducing the appearance of wrinkles.  You will love it.  It is natures gift to you!

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Oh, and by the way, I LOVE GREAT DANES!  I have a greyhound and great danes are also my faves.

@Greatdanemom

@hoosieroriginal

Have you ever watched the Great Dane cams from the Service Dog Project?

http://explore.org/live-cams/player/great-danes-puppy-nursery-cam

There is nothing like a Dane!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I've always had dry skin and now that I'm post menopause it is dry to the extreme. At night I use Argon oil and that is all.Wash my face with Dove soap - 3 drops of argon oil. During the day I bathe with Avon Skin so soft, dove soap. If I'm wearing MU I use moisturizing Spackle  if I 'm not going to wear MU,I use Eucerin cream with SPF 30 but I have to be extremely careful to not get it even in the region of my eyes as I am very allergic to sunscreen.To go to the pool - neutogena baby face sunscreen.

For being 68 and having spent much of my life out in the Florida sun - I have very nice skin. One age spot but it's light and concealer covers it easily. Very few wrinkles. I still have freckles.Lots of freckles. I don't even try to cover them, they are a fact of my life. I have them on my arms & legs , my torso and my face.

Super Contributor

The answer to this is the true game changers: retin a or retinol, vit c and spf. I would only use Paula's Choice. Her products are the only ones that change your skin and based upon research. I do use the PTR retinol PM then Paula's Choice 1% retinol and then Paula's Choice Resist moisturizer. Amazing results and I am 57 and look late 30's early 40s

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greatdanemom I am not going to make this a review or an ingred deck of the products I use because it would take too long!  I am 53 & I tend to favor highend skincare, altho I have some that are more affordable. Like you, I love Tatcha cleansing oil...I did try Dr. Young which some call a dupe but it irritated my eyes. I have an aloe toner & Rose Petal water which I do a 3 times skin (pat & repeat) I also use Tatcha Essence...rice powder is new & I love it.... I use a few serums but not on an everday basis, I use JMs spf 45 daily. My normal/dry but mostly normal skin has a smooth natural texture with no acne & my skin does well with Rosehip Seed oil & argan oil... altho I have other oils but use them sproratically .I also use JM face butter at night.

I have ordered Hada Labo VV creamy gel that has a PA++++and a spf 50. I hope I like it, it claims to not give a white cast & works well with foundation & also acts like a primer from what I have read. If I do like it, I will use it in place of JM's. I prefer hydrating natural products on my skin & have had good results.

As far as my neck, Everything that I use for my face, I use on my neck & decotage & I do add a body butter. This is just a personal preference. Some ladies here love Gold Bond Neck & Chest Cream. Good Luck & have a good wkendSmiley Happy