Respected Contributor

Re: Skin care line for older skin.

I used to buy many Skinn Products, but they really didn't work for me and there were just too darn many. BUT, one product was amazing to me: it is called "Take the Weeknd Off". It's meant to be worn on "down days" and lazy days because if you are using a regime that requires 6-7 products, you do get burn out!

Th cream is used on face and throat and it I amazing what it does for my neck. On days when I'm in a rush, I skip my serum and apply that instead-and you can wear makeup with it.

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

Oh, I forgot...I he Skinny pretty much on weekends when I am really lazy, and on busy days when I don't have time to let serum absorb.

90% of the time, I use Gold Bond Neck Cream and it has helped tremendously-more than any of the dozens of hyper-expensive creams. It is really underrated: I hope they don't stop making it.

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

I used to buy many Skinn Products, but they really didn't work for me and there were just too darn many. BUT, one product was amazing to me: it is called "Take the Weeknd Off". It's meant to be worn on "down days" and lazy days because if you are using a regime that requires 6-7 products, you do get burn out!

Th cream is used on face and throat and it I amazing what it does for my neck. On days when I'm in a rush, I skip my serum and apply that instead-and you can wear makeup with it.

Poodlepet2

You forgot to mention that it's also in place of an eye cream. I was in the hospital for a month. Planning just an overnite stay, I took the TTWO creme with me, and nothing else. I ended up using it morning and night for the whole time and when I came home I was shocked at how good my skin looked. I should probably continue using it as such!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live in humid Houston.  I use Algenist Power night serum and night cream ( I don't remember the exact names), Tatcha for the eyes.  For daytime, I use Josie Maran serum, Tatcha water moisterizer (New) or Charlotte Tilbury day cream. I use Giorgio Amani on the eyes.    It is really hard to find the right skin care line.  I guess they help, but I cannot stop the again process, only make it a litter better for me.  I am trying.  I always use sun screen.  

Super Contributor

I am really enjoying the Ordinary skincare line.

Respected Contributor

@Judaline, you are so right: "Take the Weekend Off" is really a "do it all cream"-and it really works.

For the life of me, I don't know why I don't use that exclusively-it's easy. 

Actually, I do know why I am not committed to one product: something new comes out, or people rave about something here, and I want to try it.

My latest find is May Coop Essence sold here. The reviews were overwhelmingly fantastic-and sure enough, magic happened before my very eyes.

From "lurking" on a Korean skin care thread, I discovered Missha  BB cream. That, a little "Perfect Teint" by M. As am, brows mascara, lipstick and cheeks is fantastic for lazy days....it would be good for every day, but I love MY and playing!

That being said, I love PTR glycolic and PTR retinol is a game changer: I truly had "reptilian" skin under my eyes and dry skin. It solved that problem immediately and with everything I use, I have seen fine lines go bye-bye and deep creases on my forehead are not gone, but have improved. 

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

Skinn ladies- True or False.  I could be delusional, but I thought I read here that TTWO is the same product as 24-Hour Youth Preservation Cream.

Delusional- Yay or Nay? 

Sorry.  OP.  I use such a variety of skin care, but it seems I use more Paula's Choice from one particular line.  Go for the proven actives in the proper amounts and start with a good exfoliation.  I prefer chemical - PC's AHA, although I also enjoy very fine non-abrasive exfoliation powders I can add to my cleanser.  One Love Organics has one I like.

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2  I use PTR retinol, too, but I'd be terrified to use it under my eyes? Are you supposed to??? I'd sure like to smooth that area. I have a wedding to attend in a month and I'll wait till after that to try it. The last time I tried this (another brand) under my eyes, I got immediate darkness. It was almost like a bruise. I'm just scared.

Honored Contributor

No way, @Funloving.  They have entirely different ingredient decks.  I can't use YPC, but use the TTWO every weekend.

Contributor

I am 61 years young also... before you purchase any skin care items I'd like to recommend a really good book that will answer most of your questions written by a plastic surgeon. I learned a lot. the book is "the Age Fix" by Anthony Youn, MD he adresses all types of skin problrms face and body and aging skin. and his suggestions or remedies range in price from  home brews to expensive skincare lines but there are alot of OTC  recommendations that surprised me. i ordered my book from Amazon and have passed it around for friends and family to read. I think you'll learn a lot and enjoy his conversational tone. Good Luck with your journey.