Occasional Contributor

I am 72 and have been using skin care since my teens  Have normal skin  Would love to hear from ladies in their 60's, 70's 80's+ about which skincare is the most effective for them.  Seems like I keep trying different regimines and nothing seems to be helping my sagging, dull, usual wrinkle places  HELP  Thank you

Respected Contributor

Re: Skin care for aging skin

I'm 68 this Jan. I am consistently told I have great skin.

I use many products. 
DHC oil and scrub for daily washing.

Peter Thomas Roth anti wrinkle pads 1 x daily

Dr Denise Advanced Firming and Neck Repair pads daily.

Peter Thomas Roth Retinol

Algenist serum

the above are daily. Every few days I do a mask.

For moisturizers, eye cream DHC.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm 64. I use Retin-A and I use microneedling devices (for collagen induction). I also have been to a derm to have my face, eyes and neck treated with a laser to tighten and lift sagging skin. Sagging, loose skin won't go away by using skincare products. That can only be done by having a medical procedure. Microneedling, though not for everyone, is another way to tighten and lift sagging skin and it will also eliminate fine lines and wrinkles. The first time (professional) microneedling was done on my forehead, it made my fine horizontal lines there almost vanish the next day and it also lifted my brows...it really did. Now I do microneedling myself with much success.

When you use Retin-A you are using a product that is proven to address wrinkles and skin discolorations (brown spots). No other skin care product can officially make such claims. When Retin-A is used, that eliminates the need for most other products you may now be be using. It treats all the signs of aging skin...officially and scientifically.

Valued Contributor

I keep going back to Somme Institute skincare. Pretty basic line. Instead of coming out with anew product every month or so they update the products they already have.

Honored Contributor

@Nadine  Oils are very good for the skin.  I am currently using Maracuja oil which I purchased from Tarte.  I also use Rose Hydrating moisturizer from Fresh.  Rose Hydrating has made my skin very soft but also very hydrated like no other moisturizer ever has.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Nana4x wrote:

I am 72 and have been using skin care since my teens  Have normal skin  Would love to hear from ladies in their 60's, 70's 80's+ about which skincare is the most effective for them.  Seems like I keep trying different regimines and nothing seems to be helping my sagging, dull, usual wrinkle places  HELP  Thank you

Isomers. The last skincare I'll ever buy. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also love Isomers, and have been using it from the time that Manuela first brought it to what was then ValueVision.  But there came a time post menopausal that the isomers creams were not moisturizing enough and my skin got very dry.  So I wandered around for quite a while using different creams with varying degrees of success.  Then I started losing my radiance!  Enter TATCHA, which I never want to live without now.  I love their Essence as well as a wide range of creams.  Crazy about their masks, both their purple mask and their sheet masks.  I still use Isomers serums, which are excellent.

I also have been micro needling my face and have just moved up to the 0.5 size, which works for collagen production.  The smaller sizes have worked very well for me for product induction,and I noticed quite a difference once I started micro needling.  Now that the dry winter air is upon us, I also added Dr. Denese Essential Lipid Power Infusion oils, which have kept my skin nice and plump.  I use it right after my TATCHA essence, and as it is a dry oil, it goes right into my skin and I can put my serums right over it.  My skin stays very hydrated.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee , What microneedling product,do you think is good?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Super Contributor

70 here. I only use CocoaCare products in the yellow packaging. Inexpensive and can find in a drug store. The stuff I use on my face comes in a stick. A little water on my hands and I spread all over my face. It acts as a barracade and locks in moisture. Same brand in a pot as a cream and use on body. Very inexpesive and fail proof. I get from Amazon

Respected Contributor

@Nana4x  And...   with all these wonderful products,  don't forget to exfoliate.  My favorite it the Tatcha Rice Powder.  It's the only thing that I use from that line.  It's so gentle, yet is effective.  You can do it every night or several times a week, but it's a critical step to ensure that your serums and creams are being absorbed well.

Good luck finding what works for you.  It's a never ending search since there are always new products, your skin is always changing, and...  companies are constantly being bought and products changed (and normally not for the better).