Super Contributor

Re: Skin care for 69 year old

i am 67, and seem like age is winning against the skin care I have been using. I like eylsee and will continue to use it but..I really like clarins super regenereste line for moisturizer . very expensive. I need that deep hydration though. so I tried Perlier honey line and that is a wow! wow tripled. I love the honey mask, and the honey cream- and the nighttime honey oil. Really the whole line. I like to take the weekend off (as skin suggests) and just used the honey line.give my skin a rest from elysee, and sort of reset on Monday. 
I also tried Morgan Schick active argan mask. the 4 layer mask. and you can use it every day if you want. you get so much product you could. you also get a little vial of her active argan night oil and a truely wonderful full tube of her scrub. love all of this. If you purchase , make sure you get the set with these add ons, and you can get auto delivey. the rest of her line is not necessary and some of it does not smell good-avoid the hand cream.

I am hoping for Clarins for Xmas and my birthday but very happy with Perlier. The elysee stays no matte what- and a few things from Principal secret.(mainly the eye serum)

enjoy life! I bet you look great! every day is a good day to be thankful

donna

Respected Contributor

I'm 63 and have pretty nice skin.  I went through a short phase (thank goodness) of thinking high end skin care would help me look "younger".  Unless you are willing to have surgery, nothing is going to turn back the clock.  Years ago I decided that it's all about keeping my skin hydrated and protected from the sun.  I have a very simple routine and I get lots of compliments on how nice my skin is.  Less is more and I'm not wasting time and money on lotions and potions.  

Respected Contributor

@brandiwine I'm with you on the simple routine! I clean my makeup of at night with (usually) a face wipe, then I apply moisturizer. In the morning I wash with Cetaphil for Normal/Oily skin, using a microfiber face cloth. I'm 62, and have some fine lines, a very few darker spots on my cheekbones, and some broken capillaries here and there. I'm good with all that!