Contributor

So, I have been trying several skin care lines the last couple of years.  SCA , Msam, and Elysee primarily.  Goal was to lighten sun spots, minimize wrinkles and plump up skin.  All of these were OK and did help.  However, I was not getting noticeable skin spot and wrinkle reduction.

I finally decided to purchase Paula's Choice Resist Retinol Serum which had high ratings on the site.  In a month I have seen much improvement that I did not see with the other lines.  I know the others are good but finally I have found a product that is meeting my goals and expectations!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Skin care for 69 year old

I use this in conjunction with PC's Clinical 1% retinol. With that one you have to ease into it by only using it 3x per week at first. It's an amazing product as well. 

~Live with Intention~
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have been using Dr. Denese for years but budgetwise I needed to find something less expensive.  I found Paula's Retinol and love it, but not her moisturizer or other products.  So, back to Dr. Denese-----guess i will find something else to cut back on! 

FYI---I am 65!

Respected Contributor

In November I will be 68 and recently have tried to simplify my skincare routine. Retin A has been in my nighttime routine for about 20 years. I am faithful using Vitamin C, moisturizer, SPF, neck and eye cream. Glad that you have found something that is giving you results. We sure do spend lots of money trying to find a solution to aging skin.

Trusted Contributor

I've been using Paula Choice's products since 1995 and love the products.  I always wait until free shipping and 20% off.  Right now it's her exfoliants. 

Honored Contributor

@Annette72,  Glad you found something you like.  i bought my first anti-aging kit last week by Peter thomas Roth.  The cleansing gel is excellent as my skin looks brighter and I am 67.  Also love the peel that came with it.  I used the sunscreen and that was very nice.  I still have 2 more products to try out but I am completely happy.  HeartCat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I am close to your age and have not found a retinol I can use without irritation, except Isomers retiniacin. I've been using Isomers products from Evine for years,with good results. My skin tone is even and lines and wrinkles are minimal, elasticity is great for a woman in her late 60's, but I think that has to do with good genes. Isomer's has a website of course and are a Canadian company. If you call them and tell them what you need they will set you up with the right products.

Trusted Contributor

I've been using Clinique Rewind, not bad at all!

Super Contributor

I love love love Paulas Choice products. Here Retinol Clinical 1% is amazing and need to ease into it with moisturizers and I love her retinol serums and moisturizers and everything else. My skin is beautiful at 57. This is the best line ever and I have used them all nothig can compare with the results!!

Valued Contributor

I am 66 and have been using Retin-A (for about 5 years) and the Ordinary skincare line.  I just placed an order there and got 5 serums and oils for less than $50 with free shipping. I love the Rosehip Seed Oil best, but ordered the Marula, Argan oils also, an exfoliator, and one of their new foundations. Also love the CeraVe products and use the Alpha skincare cleanser. All fairly inexpensive skincare products.