Trusted Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

It does sound like some kind of hive.  Maybe it's something you are eating bring it on?  I get similar things and nobody has every been able to tell me why or what it is.  The answer I get continually is "dermatitis with no known origin".  Isn't that helpful?  I wish I could help but so far, nobody has been able to help me.  I would say if maybe you keep a chart of what you eat and also when the spots appear, then perhaps a pattern will show up.  I hope you get some answers and if you do, if you would be kind enough to post them as this would help others as well.  Good luck!  

I will definitely let you know if I find a likely trigger or get some other answer. Thank you.

Trusted Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@ElvisShops ~ Sounds like hives to me. It happens to me to, for years since my twenties!  These itchy, little bumps appear out of nowhere.  They usually pop up on my forehead, chin, cheek(s), neck, chest, arms, torso, legs (not all at once) Smiley Very Happy  I used to take an antihistamine for it, but find they go away soon after they appear. Google “hives”.  Pesky to deal with, considering all the horrible skin conditions.  

I only get them on my face, and they stay with me for a while. However, I am going to consider hives. Thank you.

Trusted Contributor

@Xivambala wrote:

Another possibility is a medication allergy. A few years ago I had this trouble mixed with swelling in various areas caused by prescription medications I was taking. The problem disappeared when I stopped taking the drugs.

I will ask my regular doctor if he knows if any of my meds have this as a side effect. Thank you.

Trusted Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I have similar issue with my face. I get a red bump that gets dry so I have dry flaky spots on my face. I don't have a clue what it is. I have looked at pics of eczema, psoriasis, etc. Mine does not itch at all.

All I have found that helps mine is Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream.

I have since bought their new Calm + Restore oats facial cleanser plus the oats serum. They also have a oats gel moisturizer I need to pick up to try.

Products with the oatmeal in them is the only thing I have found that helps.

I might try that cleanser. Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:

Yes. How old are you?

Mine is definitely linked to increasing skin sensitivity and rosacea since later stage of perimenopause. It usually happens on my cheeks but is occasionally on other areas of my face. You may need to re-evaluate your skincare products. I definitely can't use retinol or vitamin c or glycolics. I do occasionally use a steroid cream. 

I'm in my early 50s. I don't use acids because they can definitely irritate my skin. I do use Retin A. I have for many, many years. It has never bothered me, but it is worth consideration. Thank you.

Trusted Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

I've have that situation. I have very sensitive skin with allergies and issues. I do take medication however, the face "spots" are an "extra event". What I do for my situation is use a bit of First Air beauty cream on them or a drop of benadryl cream. It depends if it is itching or not. I'm super allergic to everything and especially anything outside. If my face happens to touch a vine leaf that will cause a reaction that can last up to a week. The first aid beauty works well especially if you have dry, sensitive skin. I

I do get hives but I take medication for that because of my extreme condition. The allergic face reaction is just a side effect to the elements. I did not want a prescription cream on my face. I'll get them from food as well. 

Hope one of these work for you as well as it does for me.

My derm gave me a steroid cream. It helps some, but I have come to need it so often that I would like to find something else to settle the spots. 

Trusted Contributor

@MarieIG wrote:

Allergy?

Have you considered a diary (food/ medication/ topicals) to see if there is a pattern . . . 

I have a slight allergy to milk. I would hate to give it up. I will pay attention when I drink it, but I have not noticed a connection -- at least not an obvious one.  Thank you.