Occasional Contributor

On the look out for a multi problem solving skin care line I can stick with.  In my mid 40s no wrinkles some break outs now and then, as well as sensitive skin (red blismishes easily appear) with minor sagging in the skin I have notice.   Been looking to see whats the best way to go and there are just so many choice so I figure i would ask some of you out there your thoughts.   Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: Skin Care line - Need one!

I don't pick a single skincare line, I pick products that work for me from many lines. I don't think there's one line that has everything I want or need. If you really want to go with one line and not pick individual start products, then you should check out Paula's Choice.

Respected Contributor

Go to beautypedia.com and begin to read about the products you are interested in. You do not have to buy everything from one line. Since reading about products at this website I have saved tons of money on unnecessary products and my skin has never looked better.

Valued Contributor

I have used Clinique for almost 40 years and swear by it! I'm 62 this year. I have no crows feet and have oily skin. I love this product. JMHO

Trusted Contributor

I use primarily Paula's Choice and have been since 1995.  I love her products.  She just had a sale 20% off one item with free shipping and you get 3 free samples.  Her customer service is the best ever.  I do use her recommendations at Beautypedia for cleansers, mascara, etc.  Her cleansers have gone up in price so I don't use them anymore although I do recommend them.  She has different skin care products for different skin (dry, oil, combination, sensitive, acne prone, etc.)  Her products are guaranteed for 60 days.  No animal testisng, color free and fragrance free and not in jars exposed to the air nor fingers to contaminate and degrade the product.  I can't understand why some of the name brand cosmetic companies still put them in jars!

Respected Contributor

@ERL

I've been using SKINN products from Evine.com and have been very happy. Go to the site and review some of the videos. I've been using for 2 years now . I would start with his cleansers and the deep pore and wrinkle soak facial masks, do Deep Pore first, then immediately follow with the wrinkle soak. Love!

Respected Contributor

I really think its a hit and miss.  Maybe try a few samples before buying.  I don't know what the big rave about Paulas Choice is.  Looks like alot of ingredients in the products, with key ingredients at the lower end.  Seems many love it.  I think there are trial sizes you can order.    I 've used high end, to low end, and can really say  only a very few deliver.

I try to look at ingredients claiming to be latest tech in what skin needs, and have been very disappointed.  My mom, has beautiful un-wrinkled skin, has used dept store  and expensive lines, and goes back to drug store lines, such as Loreal, or Olay, and said she has had just as good, if not better results with drug store lines.  She always switches around.  I'm using up PTR Cellular creme (pd over $100 plus) claims firming, line reducing, brightening, all good stuff, peptides, etc.  Total waste of hard earned money.  I'm not even wrinkled besides..so really I'm not asking for much!

If I were just searching, I would try Cerave at drug stores (I used as my derm recommended).  It's great.   Maybe a few other drug store brands.   I also like some Shiseido products, and some Elizabeth Grant, like the Ceramide firming Night cream.

Valued Contributor

@ERL - my skin is not similar to yours so I have not recommended anything. If you have an Ulta or Sephora you can get samples or buy trial sizes. Some lines offer a starter kit. One thing I would say is do include anti-aging if you are in your 40's. Many skincare lines have a customer service department that you can call to get recommendation for your skin-type and concerns. HTH!
Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

I really think its a hit and miss.  Maybe try a few samples before buying.  I don't know what the big rave about Paulas Choice is.  Looks like alot of ingredients in the products, with key ingredients at the lower end.  Seems many love it.  I think there are trial sizes you can order.    I 've used high end, to low end, and can really say  only a very few deliver.

I try to look at ingredients claiming to be latest tech in what skin needs, and have been very disappointed.  My mom, has beautiful un-wrinkled skin, has used dept store  and expensive lines, and goes back to drug store lines, such as Loreal, or Olay, and said she has had just as good, if not better results with drug store lines.  She always switches around.  I'm using up PTR Cellular creme (pd over $100 plus) claims firming, line reducing, brightening, all good stuff, peptides, etc.  Total waste of hard earned money.  I'm not even wrinkled besides..so really I'm not asking for much!

If I were just searching, I would try Cerave at drug stores (I used as my derm recommended).  It's great.   Maybe a few other drug store brands.   I also like some Shiseido products, and some Elizabeth Grant, like the Ceramide firming Night cream.

I think the big rave is that many of us have found her products effective. Most also seem to be impressed that they do not contain irritants, fragrance, or testing on animals.

As for the ingredient decks, some are long and some not so much. Fortunately, they include a description in parentheses of what each ingredient does.

As far as I can tell, most of the ingredients closer to the end of the deck are stabilizers and of course preservatives. I do not see a a lot of actives at that end.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Occasional Contributor

Going to trply to my own post, but wanted to at least update anyone who cares what I have come to find.    Dr. Denese products, for me, are outstanding.   I have tried other things that I have liked too, Peter Thomas Roth has some great products, as does Skinn but over all for my needs I have been most impressed with Dr. Denese.