Super Contributor

Re: Skin Care line - Need one!

I think that the most important thing is to actually USE a skin care line. That is what I am loving about Skinn right now - I am excited about actually learning about and using the products- something that I had almost given up on for many years! Feeling awesome about myself and that has no price tag
Esteemed Contributor

I am getting ready to order the Paula's choice 7 piece resist set. I found a youtuber with a 20% off code and another with a ten dollar off. So I am getting a awesome deal.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ERL wrote:

On the look out for a multi problem solving skin care line I can stick with.  In my mid 40s no wrinkles some break outs now and then, as well as sensitive skin (red blismishes easily appear) with minor sagging in the skin I have notice.   Been looking to see whats the best way to go and there are just so many choice so I figure i would ask some of you out there your thoughts.   Thanks

@ERL

First of all, you DO NOT need to buy from only one specific line.  Each line has its "stars" and other products are ordinary, at best.  

Secondly. you don't state what you are using now ....   what are you currently using?

If you have reached your mid 40s and are using nothing at all, please do not buy a multitude of bottles of whatever .... you won't use them consistently and will have wasted your money.  

Most dermatologists will tell you that any woman over 30 should be using 2 things consistently .... retinol and sunscreen.  

If you wear makeup, perhaps the best place to start is with a daily moisturizer or primer that has an SPF in it.  Personally, I think the Bare Minerals SPF 30 Tinted Primer is very good. 

I'm also suggesting that the second product should be a night treatment ... which one would vary depending on whether your skin is dry, normal or oily ... or whatever.   Without knowing that, I think any recommendations made are just guessing what might help you.

HTH

Honored Contributor

@mare54 wrote:

I have used Clinique for almost 40 years and swear by it! I'm 62 this year. I have no crows feet and have oily skin. I love this product.  JMHO

@mare54

Clinique is the brand name of an entire line, not one product.   Which product are you referring to?

Frequent Contributor

I use products from different lines.  My most important products are prescription Retin A, Vitamin C+E+Ferulic (Timeless), BHA lotion (Paula's Choice), and SPF (Biore and Elta MD).  

Respected Contributor

You probably will not like everything in any skin care line.  Some products will work better than others.  

What helped me was searching for products by function instead of brand.  So I looked for the best cleanser I thought would meet my needs, etc.  That is how I selected the products I am currently using - different brands and one DIY (Do-It-Yourself) item.