Occasional Contributor

Re: Skin Care Regimen....HELP!!

Nice!!!  Had been researching Paula's Choice retinol line along with Dr. Gross'.  There's just so much out there, so many claims, too many products to use for day and night???  Whew, it gets confusing and expensive!  Ty for helping and I will check out the site Smiley Very Happy 

Frequent Contributor

I was listening to a derm on one of the talk shows and this is what she recommended

(which i follow)

morning routine-cleanse, use vitamin c serum and a spf.

nightime routine- cleanse, retinol  and moisture cream over retinol once it is dry.

Hope this helps.

Super Contributor

I like Perricone but I also use Obagi. Both lines r pricey. I am easily swayed to try new skin care, so I honestly have many products. I don't think I give most of them a true chance to work. I am 64 and have pretty good skin, but I treat myself to a facial every so often.  I  think sunsreen and retinol r the best products. Now if they just made a product to make me pretty I would be set!!!

Honored Contributor

@Cyn74. I may have said here before, nothing lifts or firms skins except a plastic surgeon. If beauty regimens aren't simple, they're never followed. I question cold cream to remove makeup (very oily & pore clogging). I've used same routine for 20 yrs. & IMO look younger than friends my age (they think so, too).  

Morning: gentle cleanser like Purity or BB Cleansing Oil. Vit. C serum, moisturizer, then SPF at least 50 rain or shine and eye cream.  

Night: Cleanser (same as morning), Clarisonic a few times a week after makeup is removed so don't grind makeup into pores, Retin A (RX strength) several nights a weeks,  moisturizer (same as morning one) on other nights, and same eye cream. 

Note: All skincare should be applied face, neck and chest, especially SPF.

Trusted Contributor

Dermatologists have their own agendas.  Hence the innumerable entries about retinA.  Not everyone should or can use retinA nor can everyone afford it.  Dermatologists have for years recommended Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, a product full of carcinogens that doesn't even budge makeup.  It took moms using items from their cupboards to find remedies for eczema(oatmeal) and some other forms of dermatitis( goats milk and aloe Vera gel). 

Researching products for ourselves has forced the cosmetics industry to reformulated products, eliminating the alcohol, petrolatum, mineral oil Cold cream and many irritants and preservatives from their creams and salves, toners.....  We can make wise choices tailor  made for our unique faces if we trust more in our own intellect don't you think.