Respected Contributor

Re: Skin Care Advice Please?

@ellaphant wrote:

@Fressa wrote:

I swear by the Dr.Denese skincare line of products. I see results and I'm in the 50+ and holding range. Two products that I would suggest----Wrinkle Defense duo (face & neck) Best improvement without surgery. I am happy with my results 

To the OP: Just to be clear about the 'results' of Dr. Denese skin care- she had a face lift and eyelid lift several years ago which she has admitted to. Nothing wrong with that. Says a lot about her ski care line! LOL!

@ellaphant   I agree that the skin care would not provide the tightening that  a face lift does, however, she has magnificent skin which is most likely maintained by good skin care, habits and genes.  

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

@Fressa wrote:

I swear by the Dr.Denese skincare line of products. I see results and I'm in the 50+ and holding range. Two products that I would suggest----Wrinkle Defense duo (face & neck) Best improvement without surgery. I am happy with my results 

To the OP: Just to be clear about the 'results' of Dr. Denese skin care- she had a face lift and eyelid lift several years ago which she has admitted to. Nothing wrong with that. Says a lot about her ski care line! LOL!

@ellaphant   I agree that the skin care would not provide the tightening that  a face lift does, however, she has magnificent skin which is most likely maintained by good skin care, habits and genes.  

I agree that although Dr. Denese has had work done to her face, she still has to maintain good skin care.  She does have lovely skin.

Super Contributor

@Derwin28 wrote:

Looking for recommendations for ONE (or two if necessary) facial skin care product that can be used day and night and addresses everything..but for me primary emphasis on firmness and deep expression lines.  Also moisturing.  Doesn't matter from where...Thanks!!

I am 65 and have used Isomers for many years.  I have some very fine lines around the eyes but no deep wrinkles.  Of course I do not like the sun so that helps.  Isomers has some great products.  They seem expensive but you use very little so it lasts a long time.  I love the Matrixyl products.  I usually buy when they have the bigger bottles on special and they last a whole year.  I have to be very carefull with ingredients because I have a Propylene Glycol allergy and so many products contain this ingredient.  I always make sure I chose the products without this ingredient.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you to all who replied to my inquiry!  I'll definitely check out some of the suggested products!

Respected Contributor

There is no magic potion but sunscreen and a retinol product are the best on the market. For serious wrinkles you would have to look at injections. 

Frequent Contributor

I would suggest you look at the NuFACE tools, nothing other than Botox has really addressed my 11’s.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Sunscreen is not a treatment for expression lines. It is only a preventative.

I agree with @JeanLouiseFinch ! No one (or 2) single things. You don't go to the grocery store and only buy 1 (or 2) items.

Treatments come in the form of retinoids, AHAs, peptides, vitamin C, manipulation (such as facial toning,  microcurrent, lasers...)

You can always start with 1 or 2 things, but keeping good skin care health requires a whole approach. (imo)

Respected Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@Fressa wrote:

All the Vendors that sell lotions and potions have had some type of work done.

Respected Contributor

@wig4usc wrote:
I would suggest you look at the NuFACE tools, nothing other than Botox has really addressed my 11’s.

Just ordered the Nuface Mini and it's coming tomorrow.

What results, if any, have you seen?

what face wash do you use without oil before the Nuface?

do you use serum under the gel?

Sorry for so many questions.

Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Korres or Skinn Woman Wink

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller