Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Looking for recommendations for ONE (or two if necessary) facial skin care product that can be used day and night and addresses everything..but for me primary emphasis on firmness and deep expression lines.  Also moisturing.  Doesn't matter from where...Thanks!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Skin Care Advice Please?

Sorry, but no topical product will remove expression lines or firm your face. The beauty industry promotes magic in a bottle and sadly, millions believe it and that is why it is a billion dollar industry.

Botox or fillers will temporarily 'remove' expression lines. Plastic surgery will permanently remove them. Firming the skin, if you mean sagging skin, jowels, etc., can only be corrected by plastic surgery. 

Respected Contributor

Two products that are scientifically proven to help your skin the most are: sunscreen during the day and tretinoin at night.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is never too late! I am 58 and have great results with Skinn and Isomers products. Depending on my issues like you I need firmness and expressions, especially 11’s. Great results most recently with Isomers Matrixyl and her orchid, copper P and peptide. Manuela has a good one in yellow label, the all in one. She is on right now with great prices. Hurry check Isomers out on shophq they are on today (Friday)and tomorrow. (Sat) Another product I like is a pure organic plum oil, Le prunier, good deal when the show is on shophq. Check them all out and choice one. Good Luck.

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

Two products that are scientifically proven to help your skin the most are: sunscreen during the day and tretinoin at night.

@Texasmouse   You are correct. Those are the only derm approved and recommended skincare products that are guaranteed to give results. 

Esteemed Contributor

I swear by the Dr.Denese skincare line of products. I see results and I'm in the 50+ and holding range. Two products that I would suggest----Wrinkle Defense duo (face & neck) Best improvement without surgery. I am happy with my results 

Respected Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

I swear by the Dr.Denese skincare line of products. I see results and I'm in the 50+ and holding range. Two products that I would suggest----Wrinkle Defense duo (face & neck) Best improvement without surgery. I am happy with my results 

To the OP: Just to be clear about the 'results' of Dr. Denese skin care- she had a face lift and eyelid lift several years ago which she has admitted to. Nothing wrong with that. Says a lot about her ski care line! LOL!

Frequent Contributor

@Derwin28 

I have recently found a product that I love!  It's Peter Thomas Roth Squalene. I thought I had lines forming under my eyes, but after using this serum, they are gone. My skin is actually dehydrated.  This brand of squalene is made from sugarcane. It is much lighter than others made from olives. I put a few drops on the back of my hand and dab it on with my other hand. A little bit is all you need. It's not greasy at all. It does plump up dry, dehydrated lines and in time may soften other lines like my 11's.

I had been using hyluronic acid and never saw any difference in my skin. I tried a variety of brands and none made any difference.  This will not firm skin, but it will smooth dehydrated areas. 

I bought it here on the Q for $38 for one ounce. The bottle will last a long time, even using it twice a day. It's also something that can be used in the summer without getting that suffocating feeling on your face. 

I am excited to finally find a product that made an instant visible difference in my skin. At this price point, it might be worth a try for you. I think it's one of those under the radar products that just doesn't get talked about much. 

Good luck with your search for products. HTH

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Derwin28  I recently switched to Mario Badescu products.  I absolutely love his Buttermilk moisturizer.  It is lightweight, hydrates and does not cause Milia.  He does offer anti-aging products if you are interested.  The most important thing is to keep skin hydrated because it prevents wrinkles/lines.  I use Buttermilk morning and evening.

p.s.  Mario is offering 25% off and free shpg. on his website.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Sorry, but IMO there is no such thing as one topical product that addresses everything.  Everyone has to evaluate their own needs and find the appropriate product(s) to address their particular concerns accordingly, but they also need to be realistic.  The most basic routine requires proper cleansing, a treatment step (one for AM and one for PM), and a moisturizer.  Then there are specialty treatments like exfoliators and masks on top of that. The level of your treatment actives will vary significantly from brand to brand and product to product.  And even then, topicals can only do so much.  You want as many peptides as you can get to help with firmness.  I'd recommend Skinn's Deep Wrinkle Protocol - the Age Reset Serum and Creme Reverse or Skinn's Pep 40 Serum and Creme Riche.  

I am faithful to my AM & PM skincare routines but also believe in attacking from the inside out too.  I have added a liquid collagen supplement to my diet that I believe is making a positive impact.  I feel it's been better than a powdered version I was taking before. The one I'm using right now is called Aminorip (around $13 on Amazon for a month's supply).