Valued Contributor

Sisley-Paris Black Rose mask--my new obsession

[ Edited ]

For most of my adult life I have had fairly bad eczema and redness and because of this I have to be very careful what skincare I use.  Over the years, I have found that the Sisley moisturisers, toner and certain masks are all that my extremely sensitive skin can tolerate.

After getting a sample of the Black Rose mask, I feel totally in love and I have even found that using it in place of my moisturizer ever other night since December has totally cleared up the extreme eczema over one of my eyebrows.  

This mask has been so incredible that just today I decided to apply it in the morning (in place of my moisturizer) and just let it absorb into my skin.... At lunch a friend who I haven't seen in a while asked if I had had work done!!  And I was super happy that when I got home the third arrived in the mail.  I am just about finished with the 2nd container since December.

I can't say enough good things about this product---it smells delightful and leaves the skin super soft---but to me the biggest benefit---to not have deal with the extreme eczema any more---is so huge and more than worth the $170 per tube price of the mask!!  And in case you wondered---the special cream prescribed by the dermatologist was $200 and that only made the flaking of the eczema worse!!

I know Sisley has a bad rap on these boards and Paula's Choice founder feels it's a total sham but it's really worked for me over the years!  And now not having to deal with a life long embarrassing problem like extreme eczema has made me an even bigger fan of this skin care line.  And even more than that I am just so grateful for the improvements it's brought to this troubling condition!! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Re: Sisley-Paris Black Rose mask--my new obsession

Sisley is huge in Europe, I am glad to hear that the Rose mask works so well. My skin is alright however there is always room for improvement. I know what my next cosmetic spurge is going to be!

Honored Contributor

@Swissguy,  if it works for you then the price is worth it.  Have you ever talked to your doctor about going on a biological drug that you inject?  I inject weekly with Enbrel as I have a auto immune disease.  I know that Humira is used for psoriasis and clears it up completely.  It may help your eczema and I would surely ask your doctor about it.  I believe Enbrel is used for it also.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Swissguy,  if it works for you then the price is worth it.  Have you ever talked to your doctor about going on a biological drug that you inject?  I inject weekly with Enbrel as I have a auto immune disease.  I know that Humira is used for psoriasis and clears it up completely.  It may help your eczema and I would surely ask your doctor about it.  I believe Enbrel is used for it also.  Cat Very Happy

Thanks for the suggestions!  I will ask my arthritis dr on the next visit.  Some of the drugs they've prescribed in the past, however, unfortunately have had troubling side effects.  That's what's so nice about the mask is the only side effects are the lovely smell and the damage to my bank balance!!

Valued Contributor

@CHIP62 wrote:

Sisley is huge in Europe, I am glad to hear that the Rose mask works so well. My skin is alright however there is always room for improvement. I know what my next cosmetic spurge is going to be!

Sisley was really one of the early users of lots of botanicals as part of skin care.  It's still privately owned and they do try to do the right things--like no animal testing.

My only complaint is they can be very expensive!!

Respected Contributor

Overstock sells various skincare products, including Sisley.  They don't carry complete lines of any brand, but what they do sell is usually discounted.

Esteemed Contributor

Costco on line also carries a lot of Sisley too. You may have to log in to see the prices.

Valued Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

Costco on line also carries a lot of Sisley too. You may have to log in to see the prices.

I've heard that!  Thank you.

What makes me nervous about Costco is the expiration dates/ how old their stock is.  For one product in particular--that's like $420 at the Sisley site---and I know Costco carries, I have definitely considered getting on Costco.   I do like the perks that come from ordering on Sisley, however, like the samples they give---but for some of the stuff I have been tempted to stray to the Costco site!!  

Valued Contributor

So Sisley continues to know how to get me!

Just when I didn't think I could get enough with the amazing Black Rose Cream mask, they came out with a Black Rose moisturizer!  It just launched and I couldn't wait to try it after getting home and seeing it waiting for me.

The smell is amazing and it feels so good!!  I will give updates for how it works over the next few days.

The other thing I really like is the metallic look to the container!  It's very lux looking!! Smiley Happy

Here is a photo from the Sisley-Paris site. Smiley Very Happy

Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 7.49.05 PM.png

Esteemed Contributor

@Swissguy wrote:

@rochelleS wrote:

I've heard that!  Thank you.

What makes me nervous about Costco is the expiration dates/ how old their stock is.  For one product in particular--that's like $420 at the Sisley site---and I know Costco carries, I have definitely considered getting on Costco.   I do like the perks that come from ordering on Sisley, however, like the samples they give---but for some of the stuff I have been tempted to stray to the Costco site!!  

@Swissguy 

I have never had a problem ordering from Costco's site. Product was fresh with ample expiration dates. I would not hesitate to call their 800# and speak to CS about any concerns or questions you may have. I have pteviously seen Sisley in store with adequate exp. dates.

With anything, the return policy is generous if you're not satisfied. 

This rose mask sounds fantastically divine. Enjoy!