Respected Contributor

Re: Since reopening has your salon increased their prices?

I go to an upscale salon. Prices will go up 10%. I actually think this is a good idea. The owner is taking Herculean measures and I think people continue when well compensated.

My stylist is totally booked. I'm just having roots done and will come back for cut and highlights.  

Trusted Contributor

I expect prices to go up everywhere. There is a lot of extra cleaning. I guess if you don't want to pay it don't go there. I don't mind. I'm pretty low maintenance. I just can't wait to go out to a restaurant. I don't care what it costs.
Trusted Contributor

No.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Respected Contributor

My total was $185 for cut/color/foil + tip....at least $30 more for this visit.   I did tip her very nicely since she hasn't worked since the end of March.....not sure how the prices can go down...

Respected Contributor

Upscale salon, upscale price, great stylist & colorist. They increase prices every January 10%. Plus healthcare is added to the bill. It's alot to ask returning customers to pay more. We've been out of work as well. See no reason to pay or tip more.

Respected Contributor

Yes, price increased.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@RetRN I'm in southeastern, PA which is still in the red zone...no idea when our salons will open.

Same here - I can't get a hair cut BUT we made an appointment for Thursday to get the dog groomed.

Respected Contributor

My hairdresser increased her prices because she can no longer double book. 

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

I will be getting my haircut next Tuesday and they called to let me know the prices have increased "because of all we need to do now and the extra cleaning". 

I have to wear a mask, wait in my vehicle for them to wave me in, sanitize my hands after entering, and have my temperature checked. 

Shoekitty said.  If you are going to get your hair done, this is reasonable.  I can see the price increase.  Prices for hair in my area run 80-320.  A mans haircut is about 50, a barber is 35.  I think the extra trouble they have to go through to keep safe is a job  

Esteemed Contributor

I have my first appointment in the salon tomorrow since they re-opened 5/29.  I received a confirmation call today & the receptionist said they are now charging a $6 "sanitation fee".  I wonder how long that will last.  Considering it costs me $165 for color & cut, I guess I should be glad it's not more.  It just makes me wonder how long this mess will go on.  Good grief...

It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well prepared you are to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Theme, Jr.