Respected Contributor

Re: Since reopening has your salon increased their prices?

@SurferWife wrote:

I have my first appointment in the salon tomorrow since they re-opened 5/29.  I received a confirmation call today & the receptionist said they are now charging a $6 "sanitation fee".  I wonder how long that will last.  Considering it costs me $165 for color & cut, I guess I should be glad it's not more.  It just makes me wonder how long this mess will go on.  Good grief...

@SurferWife...$165??? I pay $15 at a barber shop for a hair cut and color my own hair. Smiley Surprised

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer 

At least my current hairedresser is less expensive than my last one.  She's worth it.

As Truvy (Steel Magnolias) said "I don't trust anyone who does their own hair. I don't think it's natural."

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

No

Respected Contributor

My salon opened on June 8 and they did not raise their prices nor are they adding the Covid extra charge that many salons are doing. The owner told me that she would never raise her prices right now with people just getting back on their feet. She thinks that Covid charge is ridiculous. 

Esteemed Contributor

Took my Grande to Fantastic Sams and prices were up about $3 per hair cut. I tipped well. My hair is mid back and grey so I needed no service (will go in a couple of months).  I recently spent $100 buying all my nail supplies ( so I can avoid pedis until 2021.

Honored Contributor

My stylist charged $5 more for wash, cut, & style a few days ago. Not thrilled with it, but she’s close, & I like the way she cuts it. She hired someone to clean and disinfect everything after every client. Assuming the price increase helps pay that person. 

Honored Contributor

I made an appointment online and the price posted was unchanged; however, after my hair was cut and I was paying her for the service, I noticed a significant increase.  Considering what she has been through during this lockdown and what I've been through (no hair cut since February 2019 for various reasons), I was fine with paying more.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~