Respected Contributor

Re: Since reopening has your salon increased their prices?

Price increase of $5.00. Husband and wife owners and stylists. Salon is in walk out basement in their home. $35.00. Cut and style no shampoo as I come in  with washed hair.

Esteemed Contributor

I understand that the salons have to go through extra measures, but when you pay in excess of a hundred dollars with tip, I would hope they don't raise the price until they can wash and dry your hair and you do not have to.  Then it would be fine.  

Honored Contributor

The question is: Will they lower the prices back down when there is no further concern about the virus? I doubt it.

Trusted Contributor

god i wouldnt be suprised.. where i go prices go up at least every yr or so..sometimes haircuts.. sometimes just coloring etc but im still going to go there.. nothing i can do about it.. we shouldnt be expected to leave a tip if they go up again.. but i'd feel bad if i didnt leave one.. i already pay 42 for a haircut and i get perms... perms are about 65 not including the cut...

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Still waiting to hear about a hair appointment...Salon opens June 22... My stylist upped her prices recently when they changed her status.... I was shocked at that increase already... Now with a new appointment there may be another... Anxious to see what this bill will be....I know they have been out of work but I am sure they got a stimulus check (I did not) and unemployment....  Not saying this as a bad thing but hair appointments are getting way out of control.... Might have to move on...  We shall see in the next few weeks because I can't keep paying way over $200+ for hair....Tipping her and person who washes hair... YIKES....

Valued Contributor

my Full Foil next week (thankfully) is $175 - no style/cut/blow dry

I wanted a hair cut as well, but you have to see separate stylist and I couldn't coordinate that day - it would be $85 that is $260 + a tip (20%) $52 for a grand total of:  $312 - that is really getting outragous!  I felt lucky to obtrain an appt - My regular (wonderful) stylist is in our county and not open yet - I just can't wait anylonger and even when she returns, she said she will only do cuts.  I'm very sad to have to go elsewhere - I was previosly paying right around $200 which included tip.       

Honored Contributor

Just came from my appointment -   no price increase for me -   I have short, thin hair, so it dries in just a few minutes.   The owner/operator did say that she's been doing blowouts for everyone at the same price no matter how much hair they have and she has decided to add a long hair charge because she has to book extra time for it.   

I know she spends much more time on the clients with shoulder length or longer hair than she does on me.   I've even seen it many times when there's been another client in the room.  Funny --  my do won't be any less, but I felt better paying today.

Honored Contributor

My nail salon went up sky high!! 

Valued Contributor

Mine went up $30! All over color & cut, $185 + 25 tip= $210. I think it’s outrageous, will seriously consider checking prices elsewhere.
Super Contributor

Nail salons and hair salons are taking huge advantage of all of us.... It's the same shampoo, hair products (which they have in stock) same scissors so why the big jump in price...Our jobs did not give us an increase and beside that so many are out of jobs.... Makes me sick to see greed...Haircut/roots/foils could cost $200+ and that is what it  is and now the exact procedure will cost over $300+tip for everyone involved.... What the heck is going on...Haven't had my hair done yet but don't want a big suprise at checkout....What do you think???