Respected Contributor

Re: Since reopening has your salon increased their prices?

I had my hair cut and colored two weeks ago.....the price remained the same. 

Honored Contributor

I have no idea.  My stylist rents a chair in the salon and charges whatever she wants.  There is no menu for services/costs so I really have no idea how much a haircut is, color, highlights, etc.  She gives me a total and I pay it.  

Trusted Contributor

We still are in Phase 1, moving to Phase 2 on Friday. I assumed prices would go up--like everything else. I have not heard anything since my last appointment in mid- March.  

Honored Contributor

The place I use is in a small tourist town whose population increases during the summer. Hairdos are not a top priority for vacationers so there is only the $15 salon and the $30 salon to choose from.  I'll be going to the $30 place in two weeks and when I called, she made me aware of their price increase. Guess I'll be calling it the $35 place! Not a big deal considering what her two person shop has been through.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

No. My stylist is a one woman one chair operation and she only works 3-4 days a week for extra income. She doesn't need the money. She works to have some place to go and something to do. Now if the place she is renting raises the prices she might have to. 

Honored Contributor

Have not heard from our local Supercuts but I do expect prices to go up as will my tip.  

Respected Contributor

I got an appointment for Monday, June 8.  Our salons in SW PA open on Friday.  Price just went up in February, so curious to see if it goes up again.  We shall see.   Right now I would pay just about anything to get it done.   But I already saved almost two appointments, so she will probably get an extra good tip.  I always tip well to begin with.  I did not send her the money for missed appointments like some have done.   Many of you have been very generous to do that.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

My stylist, who I saw yesterday, has her own little room in a large salon so there was no one else around.  I go in the back door and immediately into her room.  She has not raised prices for haircuts but said she may for other services as the prices for supplies has gone up.  I wore a mask, as did she, but there was no other diversion from the usual routine and no extra fees.

@Kachina624  I went today and my stylist has the same set up as yours, so I had no interaction with anyone but her in her room with masks.  I am a very long time customer and she has not raised her prices for me in years although prices have increased for new customers.  So I decided to give her a raise.  She can no longer do multiple clients and has to space us out so no overlap. I appreciate her so much and felt she deserved it.  Felt so good after 12 weeks to get pampered, colored and cut!

Esteemed Contributor

No price increase from my long-time stylist who has her own salon. I had a cut last week and she can only have 2 stylists and 2 clients at a time (she has 4 stylists who work for her). We boh wore masks and everything was clean and sanitized....I waited in my car until she sent a text for me to come in. Blow dryers are used, and that's fine with me.

Honored Contributor

The price didn't change where we go.

Since DH and I both got haircuts, we got to go in together.  Last time I sat in the car and waited on DH while he got his hair cut.