Honored Contributor

Since reopening has your salon increased their prices?

I will be getting my haircut next Tuesday and they called to let me know the prices have increased "because of all we need to do now and the extra cleaning". 

I have to wear a mask, wait in my vehicle for them to wave me in, sanitize my hands after entering, and have my temperature checked. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Since reopening has your salon increased their prices?

I hope not.  My salon not opened until june 22nd.  If you have to wash and dry your own hair like I am hearing, it is really not fair to raise the prices.  Plus, with my cut, she does half of it dry, so it probably not come out as good as it normally does.  A haircut here where I live is $90.  

Respected Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

I will be getting my haircut next Tuesday and they called to let me know the prices have increased "because of all we need to do now and the extra cleaning". 

I have to wear a mask, wait in my vehicle for them to wave me in, sanitize my hands after entering, and have my temperature checked. 

I assume that the main deficit they'll be trying to cover isn't "extra cleaning" as much as reduced income because of limiting the  number of clients per day, and from clients who decide not to return until they feel safer.

What's the increase? From what, for what, to what?

Super Contributor

$10 service fee for "cleaning"

Esteemed Contributor

Funny you should ask...I just got a message from my gal this morning with her increases.  I was expecting them, though, because she has always double-booked and can no longer do that.  Self-employed and out of work for what, three months?  I am just thankful she is able to re-open.  My friend's hairdresser with his own place has closed for good.

Honored Contributor

My stylist, who I saw yesterday, has her own little room in a large salon so there was no one else around.  I go in the back door and immediately into her room.  She has not raised prices for haircuts but said she may for other services as the prices for supplies has gone up.  I wore a mask, as did she, but there was no other diversion from the usual routine and no extra fees.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

My cut went up $5.00....I also opted for no color, to many hoops to jump thru since there can only be one client in the salon at a time or you have to wear a mask.

Honored Contributor

I got my haircut today.  I've been going to her for so long that I never even checked the pricing.  I always overpay/overtip anyway, just because of our long relationship.  Her salon is attached to her home.  Appointments only for now, per our local regulations.  I was her first appointment at 10:00.  Everything was sparkling clean.  She had on a mask and face shield.  She had stacks of the cover they put over you, so that she only uses it once.  I always have clean hair when I go, so no washing was not an issue for me.  She's not permitted to blow dry.  In fact, her blow dryers were nowhere to be seen.  I was able to keep my mask on the whole time.  Felt good to finally get a haircut.

Honored Contributor

I haven't received notice,  but I won't be surprised if there's an increase.  I know expenses have gone up just to buy the extra supplies they need plus there's no way to meet the regulations suggested and still see the number of clients that used to be booked.

Like it or not, so many things are all about the bottom line.  It's one of the greatest we-they tugs going.

Honored Contributor

My stylist had just raised her prices right before the virus thing started. I got my hair cut the week before we were put on stay at home order. I called to schedule a cut and she told me she has to raise her prices again. I have going to her for almost 20 years....yet no breaks to longtime clients. I will find someone new.