Respected Contributor

Re: Since pandemic I think I forgot how to wear m/i

@Pook wrote:

Wear full makeup all the time no matter what and feel great every day and I don't do it for others but because it makes me feel great.

@Pook @You nailed it.  First thing I do when I get up.  I enjoy putting it on and it makes me feel so much better and finished.  Wouldn’t dream of not putting it on.  

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@godi wrote:

I forgot earrings for a whole month. My left ear closed. I had to jam an earring thru 😳 it hurt hurt hurt. 

YES!  I am trying to remember to put them in, at least a few times a week.  I don't know that I could go through ear pearcing again.  I'm a wuss when it comes to pain!

I wear earrings everyday, even for 4 hours. I don't want the holes closing, I'm not getting my ears pierced again!

Esteemed Contributor

I've never liked wearing makeup, never enjoyed applying it, and always hated removing it at night.  I know I look better in foundation and mascara, but it feels uncomfortable on my face.  Now I haven't worn makeup since early March and I haven't missed it.  Also wonder if I'll remember how to put it all on when this virus thing is over.  I'm sure I'll have to buy all new stuff.

I put on post earrings about 3 days a week just to keep my holes open.  Funny...  I won't go out without my little silver earrings, but I don't miss makeup at all.  

I always take a morning shower, apply lotions and skin care, and get dressed as usual - just don't feel the need for makeup.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

I can't wait for things to go back to normal so I can wear full make up again.Right now with the mask I only use eye and brow cosmetics.If I buy groceries I don't wear anything.

If I am home all day I only use skincare.

Honored Contributor

I never wear makup except for church or other special occasions which includes meeting friends for lunch.  However, after all this stay at home stuff and no makeup at all, I had a bit of difficulty mostly with my eye makeup when church started back up last Sunday.  It was not a major problem, but more trying to figure out what shadows and the order of application.  I was also trying my new glasses for putting on eye makeup and so that was also new to me.  Doesn't help that I need to be there early for mic checks.

Respected Contributor

I wonder if all my makeup etc will have to be replaced when I wear it later on without mask.  I wouldnt want to have to toss what I have out and replace  Smiley Sad  But not sure!!

I do wear lipstick sometimes around home or when I go out where I dont need a mask.   Wear makeup too out when not wearing a mask but dont wear around the house.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

I live alone so only my neighbors see me. I have a mask around my neck if I check my mail and will put it on. I order groceries online and am often the only person in my drugstore.

The first time I wore m/u and a mask I really messed up the mask. I have hospital grade masks because I bought a box for the H1Ni flu and never used them.

My skin is better and I have sensitive eyes so there is some benefit.

I did forget how to clean my apartment!