Respected Contributor

Re: Since pandemic I think I forgot how to wear m/i

@Jordan2 wrote:

My hat's off to everyone that puts on makeup everyday. Some days it takes all I have to get out of bed and shower.

I feel that a lot too. Seems like such a chore somedays but I do it everyday wether I leave the house or not. Funny when I hear Amy the host talk about not bathing I cringe. I have 2 young puppies who I have to put in pens when I go bathe. I hate doing that to them so now it's not just a chore but I feel guilty as well. 

Respected Contributor

I’m trying to do hair and m/u once a week so I remember how !😜

Honored Contributor

Pook:  I'm doing the same.  I wear make-up (at least some) every day even though being a "senior" and high risk, I am  home all the time except for my walks and doctor appointments.  Do my brows, lipstick, primer/foundation and most days also eye shadow and liner.  Makes me feel better.  (skincare regimen first though)

Honored Contributor

Never heard Amy say it,  but Shawn is the one that always talks about not bathing or showering every day.  She has talked about that several times.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tell you what.  Once we get out of the mask and sunglass routine, just go out and sit in your car and look in the mirror.  You will shriek with horror and run back in to put on a full face. 

About that earring problem, start with a thin gold wire, hoping you have one.  No post for a few days, then graduate to a gold post with a stone or whatever pressing on the ear and a gold clutch in back.  If that hurts, go back to the wire for a few more days.  You can slowly graduate to sterling wire, then sterling studs, or whatever your earring wardrobe is if you wear costume.   

Trusted Contributor

I wear CC cream, brow pencil, and mascara every day.  My skin is very blotchy without makeup, and my brows and lashes are nonexistent.

Honored Contributor

@godi wrote:

I forgot earrings for a whole month. My left ear closed. I had to jam an earring thru 😳 it hurt hurt hurt. 

YES!  I am trying to remember to put them in, at least a few times a week.  I don't know that I could go through ear pearcing again.  I'm a wuss when it comes to pain!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I still wear a lightweight foundation (it's like a tinted moisturizer but gives me medium coverage).  I wear mascara and I have to wear my lipstick.  It makes me feel good plus you really don't need a mask outside unless there are people around.  I wear my mask in the grocery store or any store.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I have not had on foundation since March 3.  I only wore it about three days a week when I went out of the house.  I have always liked makeup but it does not make me feel better to put it on and no one see me.  When I go out it is for a short time and I am wearing glasses and a mask and no one speaks or looks at each other anymore.  Just an extra chore at the end of the day to remove it.  My husband is home but he would not notice it.  I changed the window treatments in the living and dining room while he was gone and he has not even noticed it.  He sits in there all the time watching TV.   I do shower and wash my hair every morning. 

Honored Contributor

I was thinking the exact same thing this morning when I was taking a walk!  I have tons and tons of makeup items and when I am in the mood (whenever that is Cat Indifferent ) I will need to go through it all and probably toss a bunch of it.  I used to have different foundations, powders, concealers, etc. for different days when my skin was behaving in various ways and had a lot of routines down fairly well as to what product to use with what, when and how.  Now, I feel like ---- did I really do and wear all that?  My brain feels like I can't remember a thing about it???? I also feel like instead of my skin getting better from not wearing makeup (which I would have thought) it actually seems to have gotten worse looking!   

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin