Frequent Contributor

Can anyone help with this, is the It cosmetic cc cream good for all skin types or is it for normal to dry skin?  I have oily to combo.skin and really don't like my skin to feel oily.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Simple Question on CC cream

@MeadowLark wrote:

Can anyone help with this, is the It cosmetic cc cream good for all skin types or is it for normal to dry skin?  I have oily to combo.skin and really don't like my skin to feel oily.  

Anyone should be able to use it.  I like the coverage of BB/CC creams, but don't like the dewiness it leaves.  On the days I use a BB/CC cream, I set it with a swipe of powdered foundation.  My favorite is Laura Geller Baked Elements, but her Color Optics CC Finishing Powder is good for that too.  (It's actually on sale at Hautelook today).

Honored Contributor

I agree with JeanLouise. I think you should be able to use it with oily skin, but be ready with a powder.
Regular Contributor

I have combo skin and it works well for me.   I do set it with Bye Bye Pores.

Respected Contributor

I have combo skin, in summer it does get oily through the T zone.  Honestly, if a shine when it's really hot isn't for you, you might not like it.  I think the oilier your skin, the shinier the finish - which is why some drier skinned fans say it's matte.  I think it's worth it for the SPF and that it doesn't break me out.  Try blotting it after it has set, and try setting powders if you want to on top, though I usually don't.

Esteemed Contributor

Those of us with oily skin will have to powder any BB or CC cream.  Those products are designed with the intent of being moisturizing and giving a natural finish (which cosmetic companies don't feel is matte).  IT Cosmetics CC is actually more creamy than many of the competitors, so powder is a must to reduce the glow on oily skins.  If you don't mind using a setting/finishing powder then the IT CC Cream should be fine for any skin type.  

Frequent Contributor

I have oily combo skin & wasn't a fan of IT at 1st bit that was user error less is more with this & now I Love IT Smiley Wink LOL I do set it with a powder I use E.L.F. sheer mineral booster with a big fluffy brush give my face a light dusting & I'm good to go pretty much all day if its supper hot & yuck out I sometimes need to blot t zone & chin but other than that I really like the stuff & the spf is a plus h.t.h.
Honored Contributor

I use this every single day and my skin is also on the oily/combo side. 

I actually find the IT cc cream to be on the slightly 'drier' side of cc creams.  For ex. PTR CC cream is more moist/wet than IT.  IT is thicker and has excellent coverage.  You seriously only need a little.

I also use LG Baked Elements foundation and apply just a little to set it.

Before using IT cc, I would grease up by 10 am!  Now, in the later afternoon, if I look too 'dewey' (which I call greasy!), I use Mally Face Defender and the excessive shine is GONE for HOURS!

Frequent Contributor

Love mally face defender
Frequent Contributor

Thank you glad I posted this question and now I will search for a setting powder to go with it and keep my advanced order for the CC cream