Trusted Contributor

Re: Similar experience with dark spots on face

@SilleeMee
Thank you for that ❤️.
I appreciate so much and am writing down,👍
Trusted Contributor

@monicakm
The only primer I have is Tatcha silk canvas primer gifted to me 2 yrs ago.
I could never get the hang of it. I recently cleaned my makeup vanity and rediscovered it.
It doesn't grip my foundation that I can see or help with the longevity but I can see a benefit from using it.
The lines from my nose to mouth and between brows is getting more noticable. I can't stand them 😞
If I rub a tiny bit between my forefinger and thumb and then pat on those lines, after I apply foundation those lines virtually disappear. You can't even feel them when you rub your finger across them. It doesn't happen right away after applying foundation, but the longer I wear the foundation, the less noticeable those lines are. So the tatcha is working in that respect which makes it, for me, worth taking the time to do that every day.
Honored Contributor

@Midmod 

Where in the world (literally) did you find a foundation with the name Eddie funkhouser?  I've never hear of it.

Here is the Hourglass website but I buy mine from Sephora

hourglasscosmetics.com

This is the primer I use but I see they have a couple of more

Veil™ Mineral Primer

Valued Contributor

I have melisma/ brown spots on my cheek and upper lip. Derm discussed laser with me but warned it often comes back. Ultimately decided on rx for tri-luma cream (has hydroquinone) and it definitely lightened the spots. Derm also advised to stay out of the sun without a good hat or minimum spf 50 physical sunblock. Even being diligent, the spots start to come back if I forget sunblock one day! It’s very frustrating but I’ve learned to just deal with it. It bothers me less the older I get.
Trusted Contributor

I have not had my brown spots removed, but what struck me in your post is that you were prescribed such a high dose of hydroquinone. I know they took it off the market several years ago when it was tagged as a carcinogen...has that changed? For years I used Joan River's Absolutely Fabulous hand cream for age spots. It worked great and the spots on my hands disappeared and stayed gone. I don't recall what % HQ it was, but she said it was discontinued due to the HQ per the FDA. All I have seen now are 1-2% and I know they don't really do anything. Did they discover the high % HQ is safe after all? 

Esteemed Contributor

@Duckncover, I remember the Joan Rivers' hand cream was 4 percent. I loved it! It worked miracles on my hands.
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

@monicakm
I was cruising Zulily and found it. The reviews were excellent on it and I thought well what the hay it's only $9.99 and I really like it. if I could figure out how to post a picture on here I would show you a picture of it.
I would love to know if anybody else on this be board has ever heard of it and used it. Thanks for letting me know about that primer. The EF foundation had more staying power yesterday than the L'Oreal VL that I used Friday. So I don't think that it's my primer doing it, I think it's the foundation itself. So I think I'm riding saying that the tatcha primer is only smoothing out the wrinkles not doing much to prolong the longevity of the foundation makeup.
Trusted Contributor

@Duckncover
How do you ask my derm about it before she prescribed it. Because I thought too that I had heard something about it being taken off the market. But she just looked at me oddly and said she had never heard of that before. So I bowed to her expertise.
Trusted Contributor

@Duckncover
I also remember a lot of good, excellent beauty products carried on HSN and QVC that are discontinued. And I wish I could find the equivalent of them today without having to part with half my paycheck
Trusted Contributor

@monicakm
I've only ever tried 2 primers. Tatcha and M.Asam
The M.Asam I feel like clogged the pores on my cheeks causing irritation and slight breakouts. When I stopped using it, they went away.
What's your experience with the hourglass in terms of skin kindness? Ty