Valued Contributor

Re: Silliness on beauty shows

I love watching cosmetics shows, but have had to turn down Mally for her excitement and loudness. I just disregard the words and look at the product. But since I have been disappointed by products that look great n TV but behave differently when I get it home, I check reviews all over the Net and then go to Ulta or Sephora to try them out.

Trusted Contributor

If the OP and I are talking about the same Laura Geller show, it was an older host who carried on that silliness. I don't usually watch on TV and order online but this time I did. It cured me from watching for a while...

Valued Contributor

I think Alberti does a great job talking mostly about products.The other two ladies instead try too hard and should let the vendors describe their items.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

I don't use her makeup anymore (except for my very favorite lipsick shade of hers), but I have always found Laura Geller to be enjoyable and informative about her products.

I've had no luck with her products, and some lip oil spilled in my purse and on my comforter.

But, Laura is fine with me.  It was the host that just never shut up the whole time.  It is mostly just makeup shows that silliness abounds.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

wrote:

If the OP and I are talking about the same Laura Geller show, it was an older host who carried on that silliness. I don't usually watch on TV and order online but this time I did. It cured me from watching for a while...

It was about 3am and was one of the newer hosts.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

I agree about the silliness on some beauty shows.

There is a particualr beauty video featuring some lipsticks on BeautyIQ.  Courtney is the host and between her and the vendor the banter between them is so annoying & silly. 

Not once in the video do they mention the names of any of the lipstick colors and we only see the color each has on even though there are at least half a dozen shades.  Instead it's silly banter about how pretty they each look and what their husbands like....really?!!

I blame not only the host but the producer or whoever was in charge then.  They should have been telling her to stick to the product!  They lost me as a customer that day!

Honored Contributor

wrote:

It seems to me that some posters here really take make up way too seriously. It is only MU - it isn't meant to be anything of any real importance.You put it on - if you don't like how it looks -- wash it off and use something else. 

@151949 . It may only be makeup, however cosmetics are expensive and I like to know a few important features about a product before I decide to buy with my money!  Sometimes in the beauty shows they seem to gloss over the product that is being featured and just go right into silly banter.

New Contributor

I know exactly who you are talking about.  I basically kringe when she is presenting.