Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee, a question for you.

[ Edited ]

Hi @SilleeMee --I have been tinkering with the idea to add topical caffeine to some serums I already have for face and body, that do not already contain it.

I'm hoping to pick your brain about this. If you are using caffeine in some of your concoctions, do you have some advice and suggestions on obtaining this ingredient?

Honored Contributor

Re: @SilleeMee, a question for you.

@FLgardener 

I have not used caffeine in any of my stuff. But I can tell you that green coffee bean oil is probably the best one to use if you're looking for caffeine. Green coffee beans have not be heated so the products, for instance the oil, made from them are usually higher in concentration and purity. It's an oil  so that has to be emulsified, used as is or mixed with other oils for application on the skin. I suggest looking for a green coffee bean oil (not essential oil but cold pressed) from Amazon. 

Honored Contributor

Re: @SilleeMee, a question for you.

[ Edited ]

I have an edit to my last post...

I have used caffeine in my skincare. I use a green tea liquid extract (dietary type) and that is water soluble, glycerin-based and alcohol free. I add it to a hydrating misting spray.

The green coffee oil or the green tea liquid extract should not cost that much...around $10 to $15 each for a 2-ounce bottle.