Respected Contributor

Is it a good product? It sure is reasonable.

Valued Contributor

I'm wondering the same thing.....looks good....with thermal heat and red light.

Maybe someone in the know will soon answer....hope so.  I haven't googled it yet...have you?

Honored Contributor

I used it for nearly a year faithfully and it did virtually nothing.  It just quit working one day.  

Valued Contributor

Thanks, Pook!

Regular Contributor

I had one and it stopped working after a year!!! I never really noticed it doing much of anything anyway.

If we all had the same opinion or everyone was the same. the world would be a very boring place!
Frequent Contributor

I purchased it when it was on Evine and it was a different generation where it had a recharging cradle. I had a horrible experience with this version and even spoke with the company directly. They sent me a new one and the same issues occured (not holding charge and light remaining ON when contact with face was removed).

I tried this new one with a cord and do use it occasionally (2-3 x week) .I actually see a SLIGHT help with my 11's and marionettes but not sure if it is worth it unless you do it religiously. Same holds true with most of these gizmos.

Super Contributor

Re: Silkn Face TS at HSN

[ Edited ]

Just wondering if anyone here ordered this. I did and have been using a couple of days. I'm already thinking of returning, so I thought I'd see if I could get any thoughts about it from someone here.

I have 2 problems: one is the fan that's supposed to keep the unit from getting too hot on the face. It seems to try to start, but as long as I keep using it, it just won't run. I have to hold it away from my face to get it to run and start to cool a little. I thought it was supposed to run the fan while using.

The second problem is the unit just doesn't want to glide over my face. It tugs a little. I thought of using a little moisture (like maybe argon oil since I don't have the squalane they sell), but to me that seems like it might have the same effect as oil in a hot frying pan! I don't want to burn! LOL

I tried finding info online, but just couldn't find any answers. I'd appreciate any thoughts from anyone who knows about this unit. TIA

Original registration date 7/3!/07 post count was 223 until 6/15/15
Super Contributor

Anyone have any thoughts on this?  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Silkn Face TS at HSN

[ Edited ]

I tried it last time it was on.  My unit got so hot!  Felt like it was burning my skin.  So, I quit after about 5 minutes.  Looked like I had a sunburn for a few days.  I figured it was defective, returned, and did not ask for a replacement.  The ship to me as free, and back then, when bought with a H Card, I got the return shipping back in merchandise credit.  

I hope others are having better luck with the thing.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Super Contributor

The unit getting hot is a lot of the problem, then the fan doesn't work to cool while I'm using it. I have to stop and let it cool for about 10 seconds and then try again.  I can get to around 10 mins that way, but they say to use it up to 15 mins.

I'm seriously thinking about returning, but I sure do hate to not give it a fair trial. But I really don't want to burn my face!!!  Smiley Sad