Contributor

Re: Silicone Make up Sponges

Honestly, quickly patting in foundation with your fingers will give you the same effect as the clear silicone sponges.

Honored Contributor

Tried one yesterday and the application went on too heavy, they were inexpensive and I will most like not use them again

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

I used one today.  I  use it to pat everything in.  The advantage  is you don't get the makeup on your hands.    When I put my foundation on, I initially spread it around and kind of let it dry a bit.  At this point, I can wash my hands.  Then, I go back and pat it in.  Rouond it off with Bare Minderals and blush and, as they say, Bob's your Uncle."

I don't know why they say "Bob's your Uncle" but I like it.

Valued Contributor

I HATE misspelling and typos, but I am having some rather bad eye problems.

Respected Contributor

I've tried them = but still go back to the little white wedge sponges from Walmart.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I have seen them around and just read some bad reviews on Amazon, do they work, has any one used one?

TIA

funny you should post this,  I just got one in a subscription box

have not tried it yet

Honored Contributor

This is the kind I want to try. It has a 'fingerprint' texture on it so it seems like it would apply more like a real fingertip. This one is made by Smashbox:

makeup-sponge.jpg