Respected Contributor

Re: Significance of Courtney's multi- styled nail polish?

On 6/11/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 6/11/2014 Portia said:
On 6/10/2014 HappyDaze said:

I am shocked by all the close-minded people on these forums sometimes but then I forget at times that most are of an older generation.

Yeah, it is called being YOUNG and enjoying playing around and having some fun. Being different and creative. Oh the horror!! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

(Not directing this at the OP, btw.)

HappyDaze, I'm 65, and could be considered "older" but I too am puzzled that some seemed to be almost offended by something like nail polish (and other things that I wouldn't even notice if if weren't pointed out here). I love to play with crazy colors on my nails. I still feel 25 inside, and I hope I always will. Go for it, Courtney!

I love your post! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I think age is just a number honestly and that is why I say always say there shouldn't be any age "rules" people have to abide by. Personally, as I grow older, I don't want to forgo fun and silliness and creativity because my "age" dictates that I do so (according to some). When I am sixty and if I feel like skipping as I am walking out to my car, I will do so. If I want to wear "crazy" colors and designs on my nails, I will do so. If I want to play on the slip and slide with my kids at age 40 I will (and do!) so. How boring if after age 35 we all began to think, act and dress alike!! I think breaking the "rules" and thinking outside the box keeps you young at heart and after said age we shouldn't roll over let the "kids" have all the fun!

Ditto and Amen for the young at heart! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Frequent Contributor

On 6/11/2014 Sister Golden Hair said:

OPI Girl, thank-you for the informationSmile

You're very welcome! Smile

I just went on Sephora's website and found some of the ombre sets by The New Black on sale if you'd like to take a look. Also, I once saw on a nail blog where she used one bottle of a dark polish to create ombre by mixing white polish with it to make it lighter, using more white each time. I'd rather have them already mixed but if there was a specific color I really wanted to wear I'd do it. I'm also going to be sporting red, white and blue nails in a few weeks {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I'm fascinated by the ombre look of doing several colors on one nail. It seems easy enough to do.

Super Contributor

On 6/11/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 6/11/2014 Portia said:
On 6/10/2014 HappyDaze said:

I am shocked by all the close-minded people on these forums sometimes but then I forget at times that most are of an older generation.

Yeah, it is called being YOUNG and enjoying playing around and having some fun. Being different and creative. Oh the horror!! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

(Not directing this at the OP, btw.)

HappyDaze, I'm 65, and could be considered "older" but I too am puzzled that some seemed to be almost offended by something like nail polish (and other things that I wouldn't even notice if if weren't pointed out here). I love to play with crazy colors on my nails. I still feel 25 inside, and I hope I always will. Go for it, Courtney!

I love your post! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I think age is just a number honestly and that is why I say always say there shouldn't be any age "rules" people have to abide by. Personally, as I grow older, I don't want to forgo fun and silliness and creativity because my "age" dictates that I do so (according to some). When I am sixty and if I feel like skipping as I am walking out to my car, I will do so. If I want to wear "crazy" colors and designs on my nails, I will do so. If I want to play on the slip and slide with my kids at age 40 I will (and do!) so. How boring if after age 35 we all began to think, act and dress alike!! I think breaking the "rules" and thinking outside the box keeps you young at heart and after said age we shouldn't roll over let the "kids" have all the fun!

And I love your post {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}. I am 60 & I do skip when I want to. I play hopscotch with the two very young children who live next door to me. I go on the slides at the playground where my grandchildren live when I take them out on our morning walk. I shoot hoops, jump rope, ride my bike through huge puddles & anything else I take a fancy to.

Nail art is something I'd like to do, but I have no nails. If you would like to see some beautiful examples of nail art, check out the weekly nail thread by WhateverLolaWants. Her nails are beautiful, creative works of art.

OPI Girl, are those your nails in post #71? Wow! Gorgeous. Looks like a fiery sunset. How do you get the ombre look? Oh, to have nails.

Trusted Contributor

On 6/11/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:
I also find Courtney difficult to watch ..... all I can say about whomever hired her is "OMG, what were they thinking?" {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I said something similar and my post was deleted.{#emotions_dlg.laugh} But I do totally agree with you.

Super Contributor

Maybe the significance is that Courtney is trying to look ""significant"".

Regular Contributor

On 6/11/2014 OPI Girl said:
On 6/11/2014 Sister Golden Hair said:

OPI Girl, thank-you for the informationSmile

You're very welcome! Smile

I just went on Sephora's website and found some of the ombre sets by The New Black on sale if you'd like to take a look. Also, I once saw on a nail blog where she used one bottle of a dark polish to create ombre by mixing white polish with it to make it lighter, using more white each time. I'd rather have them already mixed but if there was a specific color I really wanted to wear I'd do it. I'm also going to be sporting red, white and blue nails in a few weeks {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I'm fascinated by the ombre look of doing several colors on one nail. It seems easy enough to do.

Well I'm 25 and I love those nails! I think I've seen on pinterest that you put the two nail polish colors side by side on a paper or some type of surface. Put the two close together so some starts to mix. Then you use a sponge to put the polish on each nail.

Honored Contributor

Those ombre nails are very cool looking!

Super Contributor

On 6/10/2014 Margo Channing said:

IMO nailart is for the very young {and I'm talking high school}. I consider it tacky.

HOWEVER, I don't rule the world and my opinion is strictly that, my opinion. Whatever someone else does its simply not my business.

I agree, your opinion is your own. However, wouldn't it be better just to say you don't care for it instead of calling it tacky? That brings your opinion over to the insult territory and what gets people up in arms here.

Occasional Contributor

I love the bright, happy, and playful nails! Imagine how boring it would be to have to see the same boring beige outfits and boring beige nails over and over and over, year after year after year. Colorful nails/clothing/cute hairstyles add fun to the presentations Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

On 6/12/2014 azterry! said:
On 6/10/2014 Margo Channing said:

IMO nailart is for the very young {and I'm talking high school}. I consider it tacky.

HOWEVER, I don't rule the world and my opinion is strictly that, my opinion. Whatever someone else does its simply not my business.

I agree, your opinion is your own. However, wouldn't it be better just to say you don't care for it instead of calling it tacky? That brings your opinion over to the insult territory and what gets people up in arms here.

ssoooooo we can't express ourselves? Only if we agree with you? Alrighty then....carry on.