Contributor

Re: Signature Club A - why not on QVC?

She is a big joke which is probably why she isn't on the Q. She flat out lies about her products on air. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

I don't watch home shopping shows anymore. I've always really liked Adrieene Arpel. I love her accent and her sense of humor. Years ago I had her kaleidoscope correcting powder compact. Her vitamin C capsules are great for travelling or at home. Beautipedia, if anyone still looks at their product reviews, rated the Signature Club A line pretty low but strongly recommended the vitamin C capsules for effectiveness.

Hi @Silver Lining - I've always liked Adrienne Arpel too. I still use her Meltdown every night, and I've never thrown away the Kaleidoscope from so many years ago, although I don't use it anymore.

Do you really think she has an accent? I don't hear one. Probably because I talk just like she does and she sounds perfectly normal to me!! Yay Brooklyn!!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Valued Contributor

Funny this thread should come up because I recently purchased the Mistake Proof Makeup kit.  I think I tried the Meltdown years and years ago when it was very popular and recommended on the boards. 

I have been searching and searching for a quick 5 minute look that is also easy to travel with and this one is great!  The Colloidal Gold powder is awesome, and I love the double ended lip/eye pencil. No discernible fragrance, great mascara, eye shadow stick , and concealer. I use the lip pencil all over with gloss on the top. One of the very few kits where I use everything in it. I like it so much, that I bought a second set to keep at my vacation home.

Super Contributor

Probably because the QVC models won't take the abuse she gives the HSN models.  The way she smears creams and serums on their face is disgusting.

Trusted Contributor

@sunala 

Do you really think she has an accent? I don't hear one. Probably because I talk just like she does and she sounds perfectly normal to me!! Yay Brooklyn!!

Hi sunala,

LOL- gave me a much needed laugh.  Very cute!

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Esteemed Contributor

@skittles2 wrote:

@sunala 

Hi sunala,

LOL- gave me a much needed laugh.  Very cute!

@skittles2- I'm so glad I gave you the laugh you needed Smiley LOL We all need to laugh like that, every day!

Honored Contributor

Her stuff looks like makeup you'd put on a cadaver. 

Trusted Contributor

@sunala 

You are so right. I've always told my kids, and as they became adults, that an adult life brings many joys, also many responsibilities, serious ones,- try to laugh every day, think of something, watch tv/movie or read something that always makes you laugh, even if for a few seconds, it can make all the difference.

I truly believe that.Cat LOLWoman LOLMan LOLSmiley LOLRobot LOL

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Esteemed Contributor

@skittles2 wrote:

@sunala 

You are so right. I've always told my kids, and as they became adults, that an adult life brings many joys, also many responsibilities, serious ones,- try to laugh every day, think of something, watch tv/movie or read something that always makes you laugh, even if for a few seconds, it can make all the difference.

I truly believe that.Cat LOLWoman LOLMan LOLSmiley LOLRobot LOL

@skittles2- you're a good mom to teach your children about laughing. It's so important. We all have to laugh more than we do Man Very Happy