Respected Contributor

Re: Signature Club A - why not on QVC?

I have watched her before but I have never bought anything from her. I think she is hilarious sometimes.
It's her makeup applications that have me laughing😁
She is just slapping that makeup on and on.
I think that lady could take some people down!!! 😳
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember that make up book that she authored, and my older sister having a copy of it. As teenagers that was a really big deal. I "borrowed" that book from my sister quite a bit for sleepovers!

When I got older (before Andrew Lessman was on HSN every five minutes) I would use Adrien's presentations to fall asleep to. 

Then I got a little older and ordered her coconut and vanilla meltdowns to remove my heavy handed makeup. They worked very well! She would have BOGO sales quite often, and the price was super reasonable. Not sure why I stopped using them, unless it was because I started using a lot less makeup.

edited to correct spelling of her name

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Marilyn Miglin is another one who seemed to be there forever with her line. She wore a lot of heavy makeup too as well as looking well "tightened up". Haven't seen her in a long time, not that I watch HSN except once in a blue moon but I suppose she's retired by now.  She has to be at least as old as Adrienne if not older. Marilyn & Adrienne, probably the two biggest cosmetic queens ever on HSN.

Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl  I haven't seen Marilyn Miglin, or her daughter Marlena, on HSN since summer (possibly around Labor Day).  She hasn't been on monthly or bi-monthly for a while now. She'll probably have a show for Christmas and another for Valentine's Day.  It seems her appearances have for the most part been reduced to shows in the periods they are selling for Christmas, Valentine's Day, and Mother's Day. Maybe that's why she was on in late summer because it is several months between Mother's Day and their Christmas shopping period. It's possible that she must spend some of her contractual HSN air time on their outside the US networks.  Marilyn is up there in years, but she's still operating her beauty Institute on Oak Street in Chicago. She's also very busy in other endeavors which are separate from her beauty business and at this stage in life she may have chosen to cut back on some things.  

Super Contributor

@Trix  Marylin was just on a week or so ago with some nice Christmas specials. She looks great and was alone this visit. She was also on Beauty Report with Amy. I love her perfumes and always looks forward to her visits. 

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

Many of the "Q" vendors cross over the HSN and vice-verse. I've never seen Adrienne's show for Signature Club A on the Q. Also, most of the vendors enjoy taking calls and speaking to buyers, but I have never heard Adrienne take a call once on HSN. Why is that, I wonder? 

What I have notice recently is that they are doing live facebook.I maybe in the minority but I donot enjoy the calls

Respected Contributor

I don't watch home shopping shows anymore. I've always really liked Adrieene Arpel. I love her accent and her sense of humor. Years ago I had her kaleidoscope correcting powder compact. Her vitamin C capsules are great for travelling or at home. Beautipedia, if anyone still looks at their product reviews, rated the Signature Club A line pretty low but strongly recommended the vitamin C capsules for effectiveness.

Honored Contributor

I don't like the "crossovers."  Let each vendor stay with the channel they were on before the merger.  I buy what I want/need from  either channel and it works for me.   I really do dislike seeing the same brands on both channels.  Waste of time.  Would rather see more new and different items at both channels.

Regular Contributor

I love Adrienne!  A long time ago when I was a teenager I had really bad acne-cystic acne-and since I lived in a rural community my aunt from the city would take me shopping and she took me to one of Adrienne's beauty counters and her line helped my skin so very much.  I ended up using other products because I wasn't able to get to her counter.

Since she's been on HSN I've been using several of her products for the last 27 + years.  I love her 5 Essentials-which is on sale now, and I use her vitamin C products, Argan products, several of her capsules and recently she has a glycolic cleanser which I love as well.  Years ago she had a line of hair care which I liked as well.  We are all different and what works for some may not work for others.  I'm glad there are many choices out there.  Yeah, she may be a little loud and rushed to do her before and afters but I am sure she does way better than any of us, lol.  I think she starts off subdued but she gets excited about her products as the time goes on.    

Respected Contributor

Say what you want about Adrienne, her stuff does what it says and at a reasonable price. She would not be around this long if it didn’t.  Think Josie and Mally will be around st 80. Lol.