Esteemed Contributor

Somewhere I read that we eventually return to a time when we felt and looked the best.  Hair style, clothes and such.  I do seek out remakes of old scents. They are never the same, but just for a bit I remember.  DD sometimes says that I smell just like I did when she was a kid.

Trusted Contributor

Loves Baby Soft was one of my favorites Smiley Happy 

Regular Contributor

It is a shame that women using way too much fragrance have made it so many people want to ban ALL fragrance. Why oh why do some have to pile so much on? 

Respected Contributor

I've enjoyed many a fragrance in my day, but lately I've been going as "natural" as possible.  I got to thinking about all the chemicals and questionable ingredients in this stuff that I'm spritzing all over my body and decided to go with more natural ingredients. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Sign of the times

[ Edited ]

I'm one who generally does not seek out the oldies. They are often very strong (not in a good way), heavy, and dated.

I'm now interested in smaller, niche perfume brands.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Another 80's kid here, and I adored Love's Baby Soft. I never liked the really strong, musky fragrances. My grandmother, OTOH, that's all she wore. For the longest time, it was Opium - remember that? She got a bottle of it every year for Christmas. Eventually she switched to Red Door by Elizabeth Arden.

The only fragrances I wear now are body splashes by Bath & Body Works or Avon. They're a lot lighter in scent and I find it doesn't bother too many people because I use it sparingly.

Esteemed Contributor

Charlie and Vanderbuilt ....I wore those for years...LOL

What was the name of that cologne that was advertised to smell different on everyone??

It smelled awful on me....

Trusted Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 My dear aunt wore Poison. Yuk! Instant headache.

I also liked Loves Baby Soft. Miss the 80s when I think of the good memories.

Trusted Contributor

@katkat1 @Desertdi Yes! Goldblatts Weiboldts and Woolworths.

Of course Marshall Fields....miss them all.

Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Charlie and Vanderbuilt ....I wore those for years...LOL

What was the name of that cologne that was advertised to smell different on everyone??

It smelled awful on me....

My preference as a teen and young woman was either BlueGrass by Elizabeth Arden or Shalimar, which I wore for decades. Then it changed...