Respected Contributor

Re: Sig Club A 30th Anniv on HSN

Back in the day, I tried her vitamin A and vitamin C lines.  I also tried one kit of makeup and an eye cream.  The makeup and applicators that came with it were absolutely horrendous--very, very poor quality.  I could not send the kit back fast enough.  The skincare kits didn't do anything for my skin that I could tell, and the eye cream gave me milia.  Her line is a hard pass for me.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

She's been around so long, it seems like 100 years.

@Kachina624     

She had her own section of the Saks beauty dept in Chicago in the 1960's...    HUGE photograph

covering one wall.

"851 Fast Beauty Fixes and Facts" Front Cover by Adrien Arpel | Jewish Women's Archive

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

Next Wed, May 15,  there will be a TS to celebrate Adriennes 30th HSN anniv. Should be quite a lot of good deals. 

When she first came ot HSN in 1994, the line was the same Arpel line she sold in dept stores, but then in 1997 she switched gears to Sig Club A exclusive to HSN. 

Adrienne is one smart cookie, she turns 83 in July.  Still the best dressed guest ever !!!

@Shelbelle 

Do you use any of Adrienne's products, if so, which ones do you recommend.  Thanks

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle   thanks for the alert. I will  watch at least one of her shows. Off subject - I always wondered why Adrienne wasn't on Bobbi Ray Carter's 40th Anniversary show. Bobbi hosted many SCA shows from the beginning.

Back to Adrienne - I used to order her products for several co-workers for the holidays. She always had the best tote bags with those makeup/skincare kits which admittedly I kept. I still own one of her black quilt totes which is at least 20 years old. Whenever I use it someone always compliments it and/or asks from where it was purchased.

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Honored Contributor

I never used any of her skincare, but I did try her Nerfertiti Bronzer and I love it. It is so pretty and a very tiny bit goes a long way. I have had it for years and its still as good as when I first bought it.....

I would like to try one of her lipsticks  as they always look really nice, but haven't done it yet!!!   

Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Shelbelle   thanks for the alert. I will  watch at least one of her shows. Off subject - I always wondered why Adrienne wasn't on Bobbi Ray Carter's 40th Anniversary show. Bobbi hosted many SCA shows from the beginning.

Best to Adrienne - I used to order her products for several co-workers for the holidays. She always had the best tote bags with those makeup/skincare kits which admittedly I kept. I still own one of her black quilt totes which is at least 20 years old. Whenever I use it someone always compliments it and/or asks from where it was purchased.

She and Bobbi are very close friends, it could have been that Adrienne was away, which she often is. 

Honored Contributor

I used to buy lots of her kits years ago from both her OG line and her Sig Club A, but have since moved onto what I consider to be better quality ingredients than what she often uses. 

I used to love her Flower Cleanser, it was a red gel, and she had a pink delicate scrub to use with it, the smell was lovely

Her 5 Essentials is a popular daily cream for day and night, but some of the ingredients in there are not what I would like to use, and I have no idea of the percentages used. She will say you need to use nothing besides this cream, yet she has a ton of other creams too. 

Super Contributor

Thank you for the info @Shelbelle.  My sister and I love her. Adriene was the first one I heard talk about hyaluronic acid. 

Contributor

Her meltdowns burned my skin and broke me out. I liked her hair capsules.
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

She's been around so long, it seems like 100 years.

USED (GD) Adrien Arpel's Three Week CRASH Makeover/Shapeover Beauty Program | eBay

I remember when she came out with this book back in the late 1970's.  She has been around a long time.