Valued Contributor

Re: Showing TSV kits with a bare face

I have always wished when presenting cosmetic kits the model would start off with no makeup on at all.   After all, that's how it would work for us!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just caught another glimpse of Mally, doing up one of the models. Geez, that makeup looks greasy on the face. And what's up with the weather in Philly? Jill is all bundled up in a leather jacket and thick knit muffler around her neck. Winter must have arrived way early there.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been saying this for years -- they should start on models with totally bare faces.  (Maybe if we all complain enough, QVC will listen)  Don't add more mascara to already coated lashes, and more foundation on top of foundation.  It's not helpful.  That said, I thought that Mally foundation looked too thick and gooey on the models -- not a look I'm going for.  And, when will Mally realize that not every woman wants super thick, black lashes that touch her eyebrows?  Such a turn-off for me.

Kudos to Mally for offering a brown eyeliner instead of black, and a matte eye shadow instead of sparkly.  It was an excellent value, but I didn't buy.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

Just caught another glimpse of Mally, doing up one of the models. Geez, that makeup looks greasy on the face. And what's up with the weather in Philly? Jill is all bundled up in a leather jacket and thick knit muffler around her neck. Winter must have arrived way early there.

Woman LOL  Jill was wearing a coat that she was presenting the next hour. It was from GILI. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

Woman LOL  Jill was wearing a coat that she was presenting the next hour. It was from GILI. 

I've heard mention that the studio is always cold.  

@shaggygirl, we always switch over to the shopping channels after the news, and I noticed the same thing with the model that was sitting there between Mally and the host.  Major grease slick over her entire face.  And I'm one of those who doesn't see the sparkles in iT's CC Illumination, even in the sun with a magnifying mirror. I didn't sit and watch the presentation as we're mainly waiting on the TSV and avoiding the TV show that come on after the news in our area.  

Honored Contributor

They claim there is not enought time to do a bare faced model from start to finish, but I say if your makeup is so good and quick and easy-there should be enough time. After all most presentations of the TSV's are at least 15-20 minutes long. You could do several faces in that time frame......But see way too much time is spent on cost, and the value instead of what we really need and want to see to make up our minds.......In the One Hour Mally shows for instance, they could have spent the 1st 1/2 hour doing several bare faced models-Mally isn't the only one making up the faces, there are at least two other people behind the scenes that are with her doing makeup as well.......    

Respected Contributor

I actually like the makeup presentations as long as they show the technique of applying and give tips.  I am not someone who can sit and watch some long and drawn out presentation. I would be so bored I would lose interest and not get anything out of it.  They usually demonstrate enough for me to know if I want the product, or not.   

Honored Contributor

Jill mentioned that she didn't like the way the foundation was showing up on the monitor.  She said in person it didn't look shiny.  Jill is a good one for always giving more facts and information we need.   Jill is a great host and always points out things that many other hosts ignore and she asks pertinent questions of the vendors.

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I have a few Mally things that I use and like but don't need any in this kit. Carolyn said her face was done using the kit and frankly, it wasn't that great.,IMO, of course. Am thinking that most of these beauty things are more for fresh, young faces and not for me at 63.

I've used this foundation, and just want to say it's very good for mature skin. A little goes a long way.

About "fresh, young faces," I would like to see Mally show bare skin and problem skin more. She goes on to say what a great job it does in covering and the model doesn't have an imperfection on her.

I didn't get the kit. I've become disappointed in her make-up. Her shadow sticks have crumbled and fall apart. I don't like her mascara, and just like on her models it balls up on the tips and lashes get hard. I don't think her product is as good as it once was. It's more like a drugstore brand now than a high-end brand.

Honored Contributor

@Stargazer77

No ....   and I don't understand why this is so confusing for some people.

All you need is to see the consistency of the makeup (like applying a dot to the hand) or read the information ... light coverage, medium coverage, etc.  Let's face it .... either you understand how foundation works, or you don't.

Putting the makeup on a model with different skin tone and conditions than yours (freckles, dark circles etc) isn't going to be all that helpful, IMO.

Bottom line ------   If you need a "medium coverage" foundation, watching repeated applications of a "light coverage" makeup is going to be useless.