Trusted Contributor

Showing TSV kits with a bare face

I'm watching Mally's TSV presentation.  I like a bunch of Mally's makeup and enjoy seeing what products she comes out with.  But I wish when makeup kits are presented, that the models would have a bare face or half a bare face to really see what the product can do from scratch.  Does anyone else feel this way?

And now I will sit on my hands so I don't purchase the TSV!

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

Re: Showing TSV kits with a bare face

I only wear liquid makeup.  I can't figure out if this is liquid or powder!

Honored Contributor

I agree @Stargazer77! Not just for Mally but for any beauty presentation, especially eyebrows. We get to see a finished brow with one itty bitty section that needs to be filled in. How about showing us untouched brows and have the models apply the brow powder, pencil or gel from scratch?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 This foundation was in a TSV last year. I'm one of those foundation haters she was talking about and I liked the foundation. It was more of a cooler weather foundation for my slightly oily skin, so I switched to something else when the weather got warmer, but I'll dig it out soon to finish it up. It's a cream, but not a very hard cream if that makes sense. 

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

@Stargazer77 Yes, it does make sense.  Thanks for the reply.  Actually, I use a lot of IT makeup.  It comes in a compact and it's actually hard liquid.  It works well with me.

I don't have any lines on my face (I'll be 71 this year).  However, if I even try to put powder on it, my face looks like tiny road maps!  Ha!  Most people don't believe I'm 70 but I always say, "Heredity and smoke and mirrors.  If you can't do anything about 'IT' decorate it".  Ha!

Thanks again for your answer.

Honored Contributor

@Stargazer77 wrote:

I'm watching Mally's TSV presentation.  I like a bunch of Mally's makeup and enjoy seeing what products she comes out with.  But I wish when makeup kits are presented, that the models would have a bare face or half a bare face to really see what the product can do from scratch.  Does anyone else feel this way?

And now I will sit on my hands so I don't purchase the TSV!

@Stargazer77. ITA, but at the 3AM presentation, a blonde very short haired model, did the makeup herself (Mally made no appearance). The model was bare faced with freckles, etc. when she started & she applied the foundation and all other steps of the TSV herself w/ explanations along the way. It only took her about 6 minutes start to finish. First time I've ever seen the bare face to start & first time a model applied all makeup herself...great to see.

Honored Contributor

I have a few Mally things that I use and like but don't need any in this kit. Carolyn said her face was done using the kit and frankly, it wasn't that great.,IMO, of course. Am thinking that most of these beauty things are more for fresh, young faces and not for me at 63.

Honored Contributor

They sold me and this is the first beauty TSV I have bought in years.  Several reasons, free ship, good price point, not a black eyeliner, lipstick looks like "my" color, shadow is not glittery.  The foundation is a question mark. 

Trusted Contributor

On the live Beauty IQ shows that I have watched the hostesses and models start out with a clean face.  At 72 I do not use a lot of makeup like the demonstrations do but I have gotten pointers that are useful..  I have seen a few shows that had young beauty bloggers on. The amount of makeup they use and the time involved to do it was.unbelievable to me but they did a great job.  I personally like the more natural look.

Honored Contributor

I agree about starting out with the models having  no make-up at all and working from there.  All the lines seem to have this type of compact/foundation now.  When you press down it becomes liquid.  I have this type of compact from IT and another brand.  I think you get very little product, but in the case of Mally's TSV it is priced low so it would still be a good value with all the other items you get.  I mean a good value if you like all the items and use all the items.  This TSV is priced lower than I have seen in a long time.