Trusted Contributor

Show some love to us curly hair girls

QVC I think you are missing out on a large group of women  (& men) who have curly or wavy hair. Not everyone wants to straighten their curls. We want products that help with frizz and something that defines our curls. We don't wash our hair every day or other day by any means. here are so many products for curly hair and believe me I have bought most of them. I would love to see you bring in Deva Curl for one. I would love to try some things and get some great prices on kits. Just a suggestion. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Show some love to us curly hair girls

AMEN!

Trusted Contributor

Carols Daughter on HSN (and elsewhere) has some products for curly/textured hair. I've tried a shampoo and conditioner that was really moisturizing and nice, but don't remember what it was called and I didn't see it when I checked just now.

i completely agree with you KCDiva! QVC, please bring some products for us curly gurls!

Honored Contributor

I spent two hours at Ulta last night including significant time picking a new cleanser for my wavy curls. I bought two options.

You have the audience...
Trusted Contributor

I just posted about this yesterday.  I live in Florida and decided a while back not to fight it anymore. I have thick, dark wavy/curly hair, I finally got a great layered top of shoulder cut and I go, au natural. 

The hardest part is the time and money involved in finding the right products.  QVC, are you listening?

Respected Contributor

@KCDiva wrote:

QVC I think you are missing out on a large group of women  (& men) who have curly or wavy hair. Not everyone wants to straighten their curls. We want products that help with frizz and something that defines our curls. We don't wash our hair every day or other day by any means. here are so many products for curly hair and believe me I have bought most of them. I would love to see you bring in Deva Curl for one. I would love to try some things and get some great prices on kits. Just a suggestion. 

I do!  I have very naturally curly hair and after I sleep on it, there is no way I could leave the house without washing it and starting over.  I would certainly love to see products for curly hair, though. 

Super Contributor

Ditto! I turn the channel on Q's hair shows as they all seem to want us to flat iron and blow out our hair. I have purchased and used several Carol's Daughter products from HSN and use several other lines including Deva Curl, Curl Keeper and Ouidad, that I purchase online or at Ulta. Curly girls unite! :-)

Honored Contributor

@santorini wrote:

@KCDiva wrote:

I do!  I have very naturally curly hair and after I sleep on it, there is no way I could leave the house without washing it and starting over.  I would certainly love to see products for curly hair, though. 

@santorini   Curly/wavy Girls unite! I accepted my natural texture many years ago, but do not depend on QVC to meet my needs in many beauty areas. I follow the Curly Girl Method...except wash my hair on average 3 times a week w/ drugstore s&c that’s sulfate and silicone free, styling products that have the same requirements. Expensive lines like Ouidad and Devacurl are not really necessary for we “curlies”. Second day hair used to be my biggest issue, too, but now, according to the CGM, I made up a spray bottle with 1/4 of my every day conditioner and 3/4 water. Shake well each time and spray on flattened or “uncurled” or frizzy second day hair. Scrunch w/ hands and/or your microfiber towel. Dry by usual method. Curls should be renewed and restyled. 

I do agree on every makeover show or whenever hair models are shown w/ products or styling tools, it’s assumed, we all want our curls straightened....ironed into submission. WRONG! In fact, the more often we straighten it, the more we destroy the natural curl’s pattern. 

The biggest part of wearing our hair curly? Deep condition as often as twice a week...moisturizing more than protein...again any drugstore product works. Once a week I  put a towel under my pillowcase and sleep in it overnight. Shower/shampoo in the morning. 

***I carry a small plastic spray bottle of my diy conditioner/water mixture for any frizzies that occur during the day. 

***If you like some hold/definition, you can add 1T of aloe vera to your lg. bottle for a gentle version of defining gel.

Honored Contributor

@Thats Me wrote:

Carols Daughter on HSN (and elsewhere) has some products for curly/textured hair. I've tried a shampoo and conditioner that was really moisturizing and nice, but don't remember what it was called and I didn't see it when I checked just now.

i completely agree with you KCDiva! QVC, please bring some products for us curly gurls!

@Thats Me I find drugstore products work just as well. It takes trial and error to find what works for your type of curl. I’d never pay Q’s prices for hair products and shipping back & forth.

Respected Contributor

@KCDiva wrote:

I agree!  As someone with naturally curly hair I feel the same.