Honored Contributor

Re: Short curly hairdos that look like ....

On 11/23/2014 happy housewife said:

So, even if you are a PhD college professor or a brilliant teacher, doctor, lawyer, architect or engineer as soon as we get older than the OP it all just disappears?? I'd hate to think what someone who make a statement as dumb as the OP's will become!!!!

{#emotions_dlg.blush}

Super Contributor

Wow, why are we so touchy? There is nothing wrong with getting older. My point is it is a shame to look matronly. Older women looked matronly decades ago. In this age of taking care of our self, there is no need to look this way. It just takes a little education, a little effort. But I think it is well worth it. What would be better than a classy looking older woman? I am not referring to the character beneath, I am not talking about the cake, I am talking about the frosting, which is what is presented to the world.

Honored Contributor

Could we just stop with the "older women" topics for awhile. We need a breather. I don't see "younger women" this or that topics. Maybe I just miss them? Why zero in on any age group? Why not stick to other subjects, we have a world of them!!

Contributor

Hey Spunky you started an old lady feud...can't help but laugh at their phoney political correctness. Get a life you old or not old bags. You go Spunky.
Super Contributor

I came of age in the 60s. I demonstrated for choice, equal rights for women, among other things. I somehow thought that we had "come a long way" - until I read posts on this Board.

For some reason, which I have never understood, posters make sweeping generalizations: going gray ages you, short curly hair is also aging, not wearing stilettos is a fashion faux paux. Really? I thought by now, in 2014, we had the right to make choices, right down to the color of our hair and the shoes we wear. btw, I am not talking about stating opinions, it is the words used to state these opinions. The same posters who get very upset when someone says anything negative about a show host and bandy about the term "bully" do not hesitate to for want of a better word gang up on women for their fashion and beauty choices.

Okay, I'm done. Let me have it.

Respected Contributor

I will be 66 in March, I have a blonde ponytail {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

I'm on the cusp of turning 68 and wear a pixie cut which is professionally styled by one of the best IMO. So it doesn't apply to all ""old"" ladies.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

On 11/24/2014 qualitygal said:

Could we just stop with the "older women" topics for awhile. We need a breather. I don't see "younger women" this or that topics. Maybe I just miss them? Why zero in on any age group? Why not stick to other subjects, we have a world of them!!

It is amazing to me the degree of hatred of the older people by the younger in this country. I was just reading a post on FB about our crumbling infrastructure and someone actually said it is all because there are way too many old people in this country, and they all need to just get on with it and die.

Honored Contributor

My dear friend, who is currently "in treatment", would be glad to have hair no matter how it looked. There are lots and lots and LOTS of comments that can be made about styles in hair and dress that can be made without being insulting, but of course that approach requires maturity, kindness, and a little thought.
Esteemed Contributor

On 11/24/2014 brooklynite4ever said: Hey Spunky you started an old lady feud...can't help but laugh at their phoney political correctness. Get a life you old or not old bags. You go Spunky.

Old bags???????

Seriously?

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt